I have a dell XPS 17-L702x, and I followed this tutorial but I can't seem to get it to work:
Here is what I did:
1. I tried installing iAtkos L2 without any modifications, the DVD boots just fine, then I go through the installation wizard with no problems, then comes the actual installation which gets stuck at about 60-70% with 4 mins remaining (or 30-40% if I customize the installation and tick everything).
2. I tried this method to boot from USB using a VM:
that didn't work either, the computer says no operating system found (and on my HP laptop, it just skips and goes right to windows, and yes the HP does support USB booting)
3. Using transmac I tried restoring the 10.8.2 image to an 8GB USB drive and then installed Chameleon using the VM and this installer: http://tonymacx86.bl...-installer.html , also to no avail: the computer says no operating system found.
Here comes the noob questions:
1. If I install OSX using the iAtkos L2 installer, would the installed mess with my existing Windows 8 bootloader?
2. The L702x supports eSata booting, can I restore the image to an external eSata drive and boot from it every time I want to get into OSX?
3. How can I use the XPS Image?
4. What am I doing wrong?
These are my specs:
Dell XPS 17-L702x: Intel Core i7-2720QM, 6GB DDR3-1333MHz, Geforce 555M 3GB with Optimus, 120GB Intel 330 SSD and Seagate 500GB 7200rpm HDD, B3 Motherboard Revision, Windows 8 Pro.
Update: after following the mentioned tutorial for the DVD installation of iAtkos, the installation now finishes, but the OS doesn't boot, without a booting CD, it says that there is no operating system, with a booting CD it just hangs at the apple logo.
EDIT MODERATOR :
Your topic does not deserve any more attention than others seeking help hence topic titles must reflect their content, and topic titles containing things like: 'please help' 'look here' 'cash reward' 'urgent' or other inaccurate descriptions will be removed. This includes all-caps titles.