• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
+1 20 pin method involves covering up the 20th pin so that it doesn't connect to the mobo. Similar method used for bypassing whitelists.

If you have HP, you probably have IDT audio...oh yeah, you do, that's how I got here lol, anyway there are IDT audio kexts laying around Google...

Here's the one for your audio device, though it's officially for Lion, but certainly worth a go.

http://www.osx86.net...audio_kext.html

mac.hp.pc

mac.hp.pc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Bad luck the audio do not work with any voodoo.kext or http://www.osx86.net...audio_kext.html after that update to 10.7.5 os x and that file cause a kernel panic.

I cover the whole 20 pin of my wifi card and it did not work. :wallbash: :fiery: :blowup:

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Bad luck the audio do not work with any voodoo.kext or http://www.osx86.net...audio_kext.html after that update to 10.7.5 os x and that file cause a kernel panic.

I cover the whole 20 pin of my wifi card and it did not work. :wallbash: :fiery: :blowup:

20th pin or 20pins???
You can test if your tap is good or not by booting to Windows, press the wifi button. If you cover it well, wifi won't turn off.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
Attached File  pin 20.jpg   52.19KB   14 downloadsLike in the picture, but actually to the underneath side of the card, each side of the card are different pins and I didn't feel like looking for another picture. So here's the pin out diagram so you can see exactly what every pin # is

mac.hp.pc

mac.hp.pc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
I have tape the 20th pin and it is still not working.I tried the airport but it can not detect the wifi card. I found the kext that cause the kernel panic for the audio file. It is OSvKernDSPLib.kext

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
Me too, time to swap another card.

mac.hp.pc

mac.hp.pc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
I don't think swapping card will work because the HP bios will restrict it. Unless your laptop can use a different wifi card when you customise it on the hp shop. If you can, then those are the card that will only work on your laptop. But I might be wrong. You need to research it pokenguyen.

mac.hp.pc

mac.hp.pc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
What should I do? I tried lot of kext and the 20th pin method.

pokenguyen

pokenguyen

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

What should I do? I tried lot of kext and the 20th pin method.

You're right, I tried some Atheros card and none worked for me...sigh. I have to stick to USB Wifi.

mac.hp.pc

mac.hp.pc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
You could get a hacked bios but it is hard to find.

mac.hp.pc

mac.hp.pc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Do anyone know how to fix the wifi card?

mac.hp.pc

mac.hp.pc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Hi do anyone know a kext for IDT audio for mac OSX 10.7.5?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HP, DV6, DV6-2155ee, 2155, DV6-2155, Broadcom, 4322AG, 43XX, 43xx, 2155ee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy