• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

zuz_242

zuz_242

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

What is the easiest way to find/post where the kernel panic occurs? Should I boot normal and let it panic, then boot into safe mode and look for something in console?

Did you boot with -v? The verbose output should tell you at what point the panic occured ..

Indigo...

Indigo...

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Computers, Tennis
my configurations is simalier .... my processor is 3570k which should support HD4000. My mobo is rev 1.1 but a ga-z77-ds3h. it my understanding that needs an updateded Anthros ktext ... it the one listed here didnt work with my snow leapord install, but i havent tried with my mountain lion install yet ... to be honest i am learning and trying lots of stuff now so bear with me.

Indigo...

Indigo...

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Computers, Tennis
i just got my ethernet working i used this link because my mother board is rev 1.1:

http://www.insanelym...ver-for-107108/

macbrush

macbrush

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
I use a real Mac to set up the hard drive, so it was much simpler.

CPU: i7 3770
MB: Gigabyte Z77-DS3H
Graphic: AMD RD 6870 2GB/nVidia GTx 680
I/O: Generic Firewire card w/ NEC chipset, Sil 3132 ESATA card, TP-Link 4800 WiFI card

1. Setup the MB, most of the stuff can be left default except the follow.
Set SATA mode to AHCI
Set everything to Legacy OpRom priority (I didn't bother to set up UEFI boot)
Set XHCI mode to Auto
Set XHCI and EHCI hands off to Auto
Set VT Enabled (I run Parallels a lot)
Set VT-d Disabled (Hopefully we can have it on soon)

2. Install Mountain Lion onto the target hard drive in a real Mac

3. Run Chameleon to install the bootloader into the target drive, I used 2.1svn-r2030

4. In /Extra which Chameleon just created, you should see org.chameleon.Boot.plist, edit it to you liking, mine looks like the following:

<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 -v</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>0</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>3</string>
</dict>

The only thing to watch out for is that if you use RD6870, GraphicsEnabler should set to Yes; and set to No for GTx680.

5. From ###### package, install the following to your /Extra/Extensions/
smbit.plist for MacPro3,1
ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext
FakeSMC.kext

You may also install ACPISensors.kext and IntelCPUMonitor.kext to /Extra/Extensions/ if you wish to monitor your CPU.

6. Repair permissions on your target drive.

7. Take out the drive, and yak it into your hackintosh.

and DONE!

You may notice Chameleon run through every kexts TWICE in BIOS speed, which take a long time (in today's boot up standard). You can overcome that by using kernel flag UseKernelCache=Yes provided you move all the kexts in /Extra/Extensions to /System/Library/Extensions/ You don't need to build the kernel cache as long as you're running in 10.8.2, the OS will rebuild it for you, just make sure the permissions are correct before you move them.

chown -R 0:0 /Extra/Extensions/*
chmod -R 755 /Extra/Extensions/*
cp -Rpf /Extra/Extensions/* /System/Library/Extensions/ (I like keeping a copy of everything in /E/E, if you don't want them, use "mv" instead of "cp -Rpf")

That's all for me, I hope this could help you if you have similar hardware configurations, and also a real Mac.

Cheers
Kenneth

prowlingfox

prowlingfox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Hey guys--

I built a hackintosh with rev 1.1 of this motherboard, and I followed this guide to the letter.

I'm having a few issues....
1) USB3.0 is very finicky. The card reader that I'm using occasionally stops working, and I have to hot-plug the connection to the motherboard a few times to get it to come back online.

2) This is the more pressing issue: Now and then, audio playback will sound distorted and garbled. This happens regardless of the kind of media that is playing. When it happens, it usually clears up within a minute or two. I'm using the included VoodooHDA.

3) I'm unable to update to 10.8.2. Every attempt results in hanging about midway through the boot.

gigabyte z77-ds3h rev 1.1
Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GT 640 2GB
Intel i7-3570k
SATA3 256gb Samsung SSD

SATA3 3TB HDD
16GB ram

bobble999

bobble999

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm also having issues with this installation - struggling to pass go.....the machine goes into spinning beach ball of death mode at the last item in the screenshot:
Attached File  new ml kp.jpg   199.1KB   71 downloads

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,385 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco
hello

what that photo say is don't find fakesmc.kext mandatory to install mac os x in a pc....

good hack

bobble999

bobble999

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

hello

what that photo say is don't find fakesmc.kext mandatory to install mac os x in a pc....

good hack

Thanks for the reply

Fakesmc.kext was present in S\L\E folder. Is there anywhere it should be instead? Like on the root, or in the extra folder of the installer usb...

EDIT: I just copied it onto root, Extra, and S/L/E and managed to get ML installed! Busy tweaking the last few kexts, but after all that pain it finally works! Thank you!!!!!

Can't believe I was getting stumped so soon - its not my first hack.

jlfilms

jlfilms

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Hackintoshs
I already installed OSX ML 10.8 and updated, Can i use the Ehternet kext and audio kext to get those working? everything else seems good.

Thanks for any advice

bobble999

bobble999

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I used the atheros Ethernet kext - audio gave me issues, so I'm using a PCI audigy card I had kicking around

XLR

XLR

2cores1cpu.mov

• Donators
  • 885 posts
Why MacPro5,1 SMBIOS, NullCPU and VoodooHDA?

jlfilms

jlfilms

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Hackintoshs
I'm having problems tryin to reinstall osx over my old one I tried puttin in USB an bootin from Mac osx instal esd but my system restart after few min , any idea ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy