Jump to content

error in logs driving me crazy


  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1
r1de

r1de

    InsanelyMac Protégé

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth
Hello, InsanelyMac has been Insanely Helpful over the years playing with hackintoshes just out of curiosities sake. :)

Now, we went and bought Mountain Lion, bought some new hardware and we have a shiny new hackintosh to play with, and again this site has been insanely helpful in building this one.

(and there is always a...)But i have this dang error in my syslog that is making me insane:
Sep 11 10:37:25 localhost kernel[0]: Waiting for DSMOS...
Sep 11 10:37:50 localhost cfprefsd[25]: _CFXPreferencesGetByHostIdentifierString: unable to determine UUID for host... Giving up and returning 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000.

It has been showing up since the fresh install booted and has not gone away, and is causing about a 25sec delay in start-up time.
She works fine however, and even sleeps (and wakes up too!)

Here are some spec's:

MSI Z77A-G45 motherboard
i5-3750k Ivy Bridge CPU
PNY GeForce 9800GT 1024MB

ML 10.8.1
Chameleon v2.1svn r2054
DSDT patched for ALC892 audio (that is the only DSDT patch applied)


I have tried SystemID in org.chameleon.Boot.
I have tried to make the changes to NetworkInterfaces.plist to add the "fake" firewire adapter.
I have tried removing NetworkInterfaces.plist, preferences.plist, com.apple.smb.server.plist.
I've tried making changes to smbios.plist
probably a few other things I am forgetting, I have been googlin for days and have tried many things to get rid of this error

Just wondering if anyone here can provide any insight. TIA!

*edit* dang it. this should probably be posted in "post-installation" sorry. I screwed that up. :)

#2
r1de

r1de

    InsanelyMac Protégé

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth
kinda cool when you get to answer your own post.
I wish more people did. :)

just in case anyone googles :)
make sure "SystemId" is just that, "SystemId" (capital "I" lowercase "d") I feel stupid.
on a brighter note, I think I have speedstepping working now, I patched my DSDT and my SSDT's and now it seems my CPU multiplier is changing as needed with load. hurrah!





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy