Where to Purchase OS X 10.6

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Mr.D.

Mr.D.

There are those who call me...

• Local Moderators
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:Music editing/Remixing, hiking, orienteering, 4 wheeling, reading (yes like books and such), and...
Anyone ever used applications-outlet.com ?

I know I can get a retail DVD from Amazon, however these guys seem to have it for much cheaper available only as a digital download. I can make an ISO so thats not the issue - I am just wondering if these guys are legit and if anyone has ever used them before. I can get SL Server for 50 bucks. Pretty good deal.

Your oponions are greatly appreciated!

Mr.D.

Mr.D.

There are those who call me...

• Local Moderators
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:Music editing/Remixing, hiking, orienteering, 4 wheeling, reading (yes like books and such), and...
OK – so I did some digging, and that site is in Russia – looks like they are doing the same scam that the MP3 people have done/are doing where they buy one physical copy and then make bunches of digital copies. I called Apple telesales and was able to purchase the full retail DVD of Snow Leopard for $20.99 (included a buck tax) and its shipped to me. Amazon sells it for 70 bucks and craigslist ads have it for ~$50. Going legit has never been easier, or cheaper!

https://discussions....tart=0&tstart=0

This thread is current as of the end of August.

Hope this helps some people out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy