• Please log in to reply
397 replies to this topic

youngwake

youngwake

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
you were right. HDAEnabler was in S/L/E...how? I deleted everything you mentioned and completely replaced E/E. repairing disk permissions. will report back after reboot. Thanks for the help so far

youngwake

youngwake

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
All working. Thanks jeff

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Now, the kexts you restored. Are they colored like my package? If so, delete them and restore original from MacBook update 2.0. Apply my package again.

use pacifist extract the kexts.

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Macs :-)
Right - I'm having a bit of a partition reshuffle so am reinstalling again, this time I will reboot before reapplying S/L/E kexts after the MacBookAirandMacBookProUpd2.0.dmg update. I have updated the instructions I posted to reflect this.

My freshly extracted DSDT is attached (I extracted using AIDA64 under Win)... I don't know if this differs from yours?

Attached Files

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
There was one difference "PNP0c14" I am not sure why "PNP" was not capitalized on yours. If you look at the rest is caps. We have the same system!
Attached File  Jeff:Ellnic.tiff   423.8KB   2 downloads

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
How odd.. so by all rights my backlit keyboard should work. Does your backlit keyboard now work before sleep with the latest kexts? Or do you still have to sleep first for it to work?

When I posted the sys info screenshot (http://oi46.tinypic.com/2uo3m2o.jpg) you identified that the only difference was the WLAN, and since both of ours work, that can't be it... I will be reinstalling this evening at some point, I will post back when I have more info. :)

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
backlit keyboard works after sleep.

youngwake

youngwake

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Now, the kexts you restored. Are they colored like my package? If so, delete them and restore original from MacBook update 2.0. Apply my package again.

use pacifist extract the kexts.

After reapplying kexts and I rebooted. WiFi is now no hardware installed

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,714 posts
  • Interests:Apicoltura
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
good for you
my fn keys works for half. sleep ad volume are running fine
the backlit keyboard not. and the backlit keyboard run only at 1st boot.. and in windows.
the consolle report that the iowmi is loaded.. but half of the keys are not working

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

To solve this, go into the network pref pane and re-add the WLAN. This works for me when it hiccups.

EDIT: Sorry, that's when it says not configured.

Have you tried tapping fn+F2? That hot key works on my machine...

EDIT2: Did you also delete the contents of S/L/Caches after reapplying the S/L/E kexts? Also repair permissions - sudo diskutil repairpermissions /

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,714 posts
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
tested the two updates..
no better improvements

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

You just need to reinstall again and this time don't restore.

good for you
my fn keys works for half. sleep ad volume are running fine
the backlit keyboard not. and the backlit keyboard run only at 1st boot.. and in windows.
the consolle report that the iowmi is loaded.. but half of the keys are not working

How many physical hack have you done to that laptop? http://forum.osxlati...asus-notebooks/

tested the two updates..
no better improvements

I am not sure how stable your system was before. With current install (factory spec)/disabled bluetooth in bio's, my system is stable. The whole reason we are hacking is to be like mac's, and to save money. If you think about it, how long did we spend to get to this point? Even tho the system is still have a few hiccups, would it not be cheaper to buy a mac?

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Ladies and Gents, I have no idea why your backlit keyboard is not working! If you want to try to figure it out, start by replacing each kext with original backup kexts and restart then remove more. Until you are only down to fakesmc/AICPUPM/AppleACPIPlatform.kext. If you remove these three, you will KP. Without another working partition, it will take forever to get your system backup. If you make it this far to instigate the problem of why your keyboard backlit is not working, continue on by extracting your own fresh dsdt from windows and patching it yourself. Best of luck, as I can't help you without having the physical system in front of me. It's hard enough trying to help out some people on this thread. I do alot of reading myself to get to this state.

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Jeff, I have a theory as to why the backlit keys might not be working...

Ever since I have been working on this machine under Mac OS, I have had the annoying issue of having to:

1. Plug in a USB keyboard when I use the Mac OS X installer (this no longer applies when using clover on the Olarila 10.8.2 USB)
and
2. When I hit the desktop after installing, the bluetooth keyboard setup assistant pops up like it cannot detect a keyboard. I have to quit it and turn it off in the pref pane (Bluetooth > Advanced > Top 2 check boxes)

Did you experience this at all? If not, I would guess that my keyboard is not be detected propely by ML, and thus is not being lit. What are your thoughts on this?

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
no, I always use wireless mouse and laptop keyboard for everything. I guess, try reinstalling your system with wireless mouse and see if you have backlit. Read his post wrong.

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
I'll do some more research tomorrow, but I guess that could be why my backlit keys are not working. Did you say you had your Bluetooth disabled in the bios? Is your wireless mouse one with a dongle then?

jeffc2009

jeffc2009

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

I'll do some more research tomorrow, but I guess that could be why my backlit keys are not working. Did you say you had your Bluetooth disabled in the bios? Is your wireless mouse one with a dongle then?

Yes, i have a microsoft wireless mouse 3500. You might stumble into a solution to why some people don't have backlit keyboard. Good Work.

Does anyone have a fresh windows G53SW DSDT?

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,714 posts
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
Dsdwing53?Mine attached above

My perpetual philosophy is to be as close as possible to vanilla s/l/e.
Infact i've 4 boot disk.. And i test a single fix a time..on a test disk .
as i wrote in my 3d i removed the horrible combo card to put a single pcue airport extreme card. After that..i've soldered the 2 pins on the pcix socket board to connect a broadcom usb 4.0 bluetooth.. Which's working as a macbookpro2012 native bt.
Also i've replaced the webcam with a vanilla one..
Those are my phisical hacks.
I don't agree with thinking that backlit kbd is managed by drivers.. Except for the couple iowmi and ioacpixxxx
And..obviously..dsdt.
The dsdt contains the ec register.
And when you invoke something external the kbd device you move across the ec.
Which in dsdt asus rog is not well projected by asus.
For example in an hp i can alter the ec register at boot and obtain something if i close or open the lid.
In asus not.
so i'm sure i've a vanilla file structure because i keep the untouched os apart until i have agood tested boot.
I hate a dirty os.
Now..because of the latest tests..i'm sure that having out not amodded bios is equal.. Except that i can use original AICPM.
i think we have to focus on how the atk hardware interface tells to mac what to do to raise tge light when i press fn+f4.

Bye

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,714 posts
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
http://www.insanelym...r-asus-dell-hp/

http://ukrainianipho...t=220&start=220

So good for my new experiences indsdt and ec

ellnic

ellnic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

I don't agree with thinking that backlit kbd is managed by drivers.. Except for the couple iowmi and ioacpixxxx

Unfortunately, that is exactly what controls it. Do a fresh install of Windows 7 and don't put any drivers in = no backlit keys. This is not just a Mac OS thing. Until you install the correct drivers in Windows, or the correct kext in Mac OS, you cannot get backlit keys.

Those of you who experience a breif flash of light when the machine is turned on, don't get all excited. All this is, is the BIOS testing the keyboard. After this, the control is handed to the OS.

What would be good is if Asus released a BIOS update so the backlit was handled by the BIOS independantly of the OS. Then the problem would be solved!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy