4 replies to this topic

Alfabl0s

Alfabl0s

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Hi guys,
I've just installed ML on my M50Vn. Everything works except for audio.
About 1 year ago, or so, I installed Snow Leopard (Everything was all righ, even audio and Wi-Fi), but after a short time I decided to go back to linux due to stability issues; now I've come back to OS X, and here we are with Mountain Lion. I can say this OS rocks on my laptop, but still I can't get audio working. The thing is, I had some audio Kext in SL (It's VoodooHDA but I can't check the version, although I still have the file), and I don't know whether they're good for ML or not: I haven't tried it yet because I don't want trouble booting (500Gb HD with just 1 partition, which I installed ML on).
Yesterday I tried to install VoodooHDA 0.2.2 (newer versions were unstable, so the place I got them from wrote) but still no audio.

What I ask you is:
- Is It safe for me to install the old kext I have, which worked with Snow Leopard?
- Do you know, any kext I could try?
This is what my laptop's configuration is reported to be by ASUS website:

Chip Audio compatibile integrato Azalia, con effetto 3D & full duplex (Integrated Azalia-compatible audio chip; 3D effect and Full Duplex)

Built-in Intel® High Definition audio compliant audio chip (no need to translate :))

ALTEC LANCING co-brand speakers

Altoparlanti e microfono integrati (integrated speakers and microphone)

Support Dolby® Home Theatre

I'll attach my old kext so you can check it out.

Thank you
Antonio

nyolc8

nyolc8

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
We need to know what exact sound chip is that... it should be some ALCXXX (XXX = the numbers)

Also, I think you didn't attached your old kext.

Alfabl0s

Alfabl0s

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Where can I check the exact model of my audio chip? Of course, according to OS X I have none :P

You're right, maybe because it was not in zip (or maybe just because I forgot to click on "Attach this file" XD). Here we go!

Attached Files

nyolc8

nyolc8

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
I thought I can read your exact ALC model from your old kext, but sadly I can't.
Do you have Windows installed on your machine? If yes, use AIDA64 or something like that to get your exact sound chip type.

Alfabl0s

Alfabl0s

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
no Windows anymore :)
Old kext worked with ML as well. I'd like to post a guide but the way I used to install ML is banished from this forum :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy