Proper Audio kext no more :(

Alfabl0s

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I've just installed ML on my M50Vn. Everything works except for audio.

About 1 year ago, or so, I installed Snow Leopard (Everything was all righ, even audio and Wi-Fi), but after a short time I decided to go back to linux due to stability issues; now I've come back to OS X, and here we are with Mountain Lion. I can say this OS rocks on my laptop, but still I can't get audio working. The thing is, I had some audio Kext in SL (It's VoodooHDA but I can't check the version, although I still have the file), and I don't know whether they're good for ML or not: I haven't tried it yet because I don't want trouble booting (500Gb HD with just 1 partition, which I installed ML on).

Yesterday I tried to install VoodooHDA 0.2.2 (newer versions were unstable, so the place I got them from wrote) but still no audio.

What I ask you is:

- Is It safe for me to install the old kext I have, which worked with Snow Leopard?

- Do you know, any kext I could try?

This is what my laptop's configuration is reported to be by ASUS website:

Chip Audio compatibile integrato Azalia, con effetto 3D & full duplex (Integrated Azalia-compatible audio chip; 3D effect and Full Duplex)

Built-in Intel® High Definition audio compliant audio chip (no need to translate

:))

ALTEC LANCING co-brand speakers

Altoparlanti e microfono integrati (integrated speakers and microphone)

Support Dolby® Home Theatre

I'll attach my old kext so you can check it out.

Thank you

Antonio