need help booting mountain lion installation on my laptoplaptop

82 posts in this topic

I am sorry for leaving you but I was in the prayer

thank you so much ifire my trackpad did work again after I removed extra ps2 kexts and replaced the kext

in the s/l/e folder and ateempted to do your private message

restarted and wow it worked again

so thank you ifire

I only have one thing regarding this mac os installation and it is as follows :

I cold boot (from shutdown state ) my system with usb hdd and after the quick select of my mac os x system to boot I suddenly see two lines written in the up screen and the look like this

boot sequence encountered some errors while booting

pause for five seconds

and then apple logo appears

sometimes it say another line about boot partition space 200 mi incorrect

by the way this line appears before the other lines

boot time takes about 2 minutes is that slow on a modern laptop ??

IFIRE : unfortunatly i applied the boot parameters in the chameleon wizard BUT when I restarted i couldn't boot any more and when i choose mac os x hdd the boot loader says :

couldn't find /

and then it returns to the boot selection screen

Help Please

anyway i couldn't enable the two options about the hide partition default partition in the chameleon wizard also BECAUSE i dont have hd(1,5) !!!!!!!!!

put your partition ex: disk0s2 is

hd(0,2) if

you have one disk or put in terminal app : diskutil list and you have your partition

boot with: -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No UseKernelCache=No npci=0x2000

Edit: have you install of bootloader in your disk?

report results!!

This not one KP, don't worry, if you not installed any kext and the problem is only the chameleon.org.Boot.plist, it is very easy delete this from terminal.

1. boot with your USBinstaller , select your disk and type -s

2. mount /

3. cd /Extra

4. rm -rf org.chameleon.Boot.plist

5. reboot

alright man

just give me about an hour or so for prayer

and I am thinking about reinstalling from zero again

i already extracted dsdt from ubuntu live cd

i feel like I am way from vanilla

I need to focus on my problems with not working parts you know

i tried to boot without chameleon plist and i reached desktop

the reason why i am trashing my installation is that i installed at least a dozen of kexts and non of them worked for me and i need a vanilla installation to begin the dsdt way

synaptics touch pad kext caused too much panics and i needed to do the rebuild cache the ifire way

also tried voodoops2 and caused problems also

sdhc also not working

also this time i am going to try the GUID partioning on my laptop (yes real zero this time......... no more windows safe-net !!)

now i am going to boot from usb and then go to disk utilities and repartition my internal hdd

the question is which operating system should i start installing first (i plan to triple boot ==> windows 7 oem , windows 7 ultimate , mac os x mountain lion )

help me please !!

the point is i need windows 7 ready for gaming only ==> no antivirus, no {censored} problems , no freaking programs , ONLY intall drivers and direct x then games

the other installation is for full programs (cad + office + internet + freaking antivirus + its OEM (for Laptop warranty))

I remember last time doing this that i was stuck a the point that my hdd became Hybird GPT not GUID and that was a big problem (Yes or not ??)

any way this is what i am planing to do

is this partitioning style ok or need more adjustments

mac os x ML with 30gb

mac os backup 30gb

mac os extra space 50 gb

windows 7 OEM 75 gb

windows 7 ultimate 40 gb

samsung_rec 25gb

all extra space is about 711 gb

i am doing the backup right now if any ideas feel free to put in to discuss ..

when I said hybird I do remember that my installation partitioning was like this in mac os disk utility

I got to pick for 5 partitions and I made the first one mac os jouraled and others were ms-dos cheme

any way when I installed windows and saw how my hdd was partitioned as follows :

efi 200mb

mac os x

another unlocated space 128mb

ms-dos partitions

my real question is why does the unlocated space was there I didn't tell mac os x to do it ?? can I partition my disk the way I want but without the unlocated space while mixing up those operating systems

keep in mind while answering me that I am a windows user first then a mac user not the other way

waiting for someone with the real answer ...

Have you seen this before ??

some guy did it with mountain lion and he has dual boot with windows 7 with windows boot loader !!

tutorial :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzCFh3Ld88A

files :

www.mediafire.com/?m0mdqgqymyj

so I think this is what I'm gonna do

install windows 7 oem

install windows 7 ultimate from it

install mac os x ML

finally I will use his files to make it work !!

Install ML,

Install Windows Ultimate,

Resync partition table using Ubuntu

Use Chameleon to boot

Forget about EasyBCD

Your partition table will be very fragile and will no doubt break at some point requiring you to play with diskpart in order to get windows booting again.

Hybrids are a particularly bad idea, I use one for a time machine disk which has windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.10....they are a pain!

I don't think windows even boots anymore and I really can't be bothered to fix it. I haven't used it in over a year anyway so I really don't care.

I still don't see the need for 2 windows installations...just install your programs and games on the same windows partition, where is the problem in that?

Installing another OS can't void your warranty surely...that would be a pretty draconian warranty.

I recently took a laptop in to have the bottom half of the case replaced under warranty because the way the wifi antenna had been run had caused the casing to crack (ran over the top of the HDD).

The guys at the service dept didn't pay a blind bit of notice as to which OS I had installed.

Why have Mac OS Extra space? Just make the ML partition bigger!

There just seems to be no logic to this!