No hard drive detected on dv6-7000 laptop

n0rm4l

12 posts in this topic

Hi, I've been trying to get mountain lion to install on my hard drive for a few days now and I've finally been able to get into the installer. But now I have the problem that my hard drive is not detected at all in disk utility. I'm trying to install it on the same disk I have Windows on.

I have an ivy bridge i7, nvidia 650m, and a hybrid drive not sure which model.

Any suggestions?

not all intel ICHx controllers are supported natively, only the ones apple has used in their computers, so simply enabling AHCI if available will not always work(most times it will), if you know the controller's device ID, it can be added to AppleAHCIPort.kext. Since you don't know, and I don't know your hardware, the kext linked has worked for some, and if it wasn't a intel ICHx, it would also work for most "others" like ASMedia or Marvell.

I have done this, but it is still not showing up. I used kext utility to install the kexts. And I tried adding the device id but maybe I did it wrong.

Where exactly in the plist do I add my device id? My device manager says i have Intel Mobile Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller with ven_8086 and dev_282A. Is that what I'm supposed to look at?

I have done this, but it is still not showing up. I used kext utility to install the kexts. And I tried adding the device id but maybe I did it wrong.

Where exactly in the plist do I add my device id? My device manager says i have Intel Mobile Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller with ven_8086 and dev_282A. Is that what I'm supposed to look at?

Bingo! Exactly what we needed. Made 2, one as ICH7M and one ESB2, try either one, if no work, try the other.

AHCIportx2.zip

use this app from windows and post one screenshot of the yours devices

SistemInfo-Windows.zip

Attached screenshot.

Bingo! Exactly what we needed. Made 2, one as ICH7M and one ESB2, try either one, if no work, try the other.

I tried them both and still no :(

I tried it on a 10.7 installer though, but would that make a difference?

post-937580-0-41367700-1344740754_thumb.jpg

umm, not sure, they are 10.8 kext

btw: That's quite the device list there :) thinking 282a prob not your device ID though, cause it would be ICH8M which is kinda old compared to the rest of your hardware. System info obviously didn't run properly there, see the post in New Hardware section for more info on running it with windows