5870 and ML 10.8 no QI/CI

seninha

64 posts in this topic

Let me see if I get it right what you just said.

Restore OSX to the USB using Disk Assistant.

After this is done run Chameleon and install it on this same USB drive?

If it is that simple to install OSX 10.8, why do not other sites (like Tonymacx86) mention this but instead publish a guide with the use of,for example, U-beast

Because one people on the site that you mention commercialize what we do and they do not care about the easy method but just making money... and that method is not easy for beginners. I use myHack (See sig for guide and it works like a charm).

I suggest you restore the installer to a usb and use chameleon to boot it don't use a beast to auto create things for you as that's how things can go wrong and you want to weed out all possibilities of things going wrong.

Agreed.

• Like 1

OK, I will try your guide and see what it will bring.

Only wonder if using mentioned methode my Sound will work? Because I always need to use a Rollback from M-Beast to make it work again.

Don't reinstall yet, just try swapping out the org.chameleon.Boot.plist and use DSDT without injection first. If still no go, then reinstall. And definatly don't use mbeast

OK, but I already used mbeast when I installed OSX a couple of days ago.Should that not give me any problem? I don't know if the kext I have in de Extention folder (in Extra folder) will give me any problem.(unfurtunately I am not able to see which kext I have in this folder because i am at work :wink2: at the moment

eep357: I just restarted with your uploaded .plist and DSDT that " Here to Help" uploaded a couple of days ago.

But that did not do the job.

I will now try the DSDT.aml file that I have on my time machine (original,made after the first 10.8 install)

Last update about this issue. Just to be sure mbeast is not giving this problem I did myhack install.

First I made a new partiton on my OSX 10.8 drive.then I run myhack and installed 10.8 on the USB drive.

Booted from USB and installed OSX 10.8.

let it install until the myhack came with the EXTRA question,then I restarted.

Again rebooted from USB and SOX cam on screen.

But with one big problem...NO INTERNET.

So I could not do anything.

Luckly I could reach my other 10.8 partition and took myhack app from there and rn it.This time I installed chameleon and extras.

But that did not do the job. Still no internet and again NO DVD plater (same error as before)

Wasn't able to make a new DSDT because I have no JAVA (no internet so program does not install)

Used old OSX 10.8 DSDT but again no internet

Internet aside, there are 2 separate causes to the DVD player not working, one being graphics card related and the other caused by the sata controller, the only difference is the error number you get when DVD player crashes. So as far as making sure the GPU is working properly, check that translucent menubar works, and for ripples(now back in ML, yay) you need to go to Mission Control section in SystemPrefs and uncheck "Use dashboard as space" you can then ripple widgets. Chess now works no matter what, even with zero GPU exceleration so that is no longer a good thing to check

Not to mention if you can provide the error number listed in DVDplayer crash window, can tell you real quick if it's your gpu or not. If not, it's pretty easy to fix.

I solved same problem with a 5750 adding the device id into ATI5000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext.

Glad to hear you solved your problem. The 5870's device ID of 6898 is already included in the kexts since it is available to purchase from Apple as an upgrade card for MacPro's.

@eep357:

Hi,

I am also having issues with DVD player crashing on my 10.8 ML with HD5450. BUT everything else is fully working, and I have full HDMI resolution output/control - dashboard ripples, you tube video OK, facetime OK, other dvd software like Mac Blu Ray player work and Bluray discs show up. So I do not know where my problem is: I do not think its the card...but I may be wrong

The only thing is DVD player crashing. I am posting the crash log: Can you PLEASE help?

Thanks in advance.....

DVD Player_2012-08-18-020814_Lions-Mac-Pro.txt

@eep357:

Hi,

I am also having issues with DVD player crashing on my 10.8 ML with HD5450. BUT everything else is fully working, and I have full HDMI resolution output/control - dashboard ripples, you tube video OK, facetime OK, other dvd software like Mac Blu Ray player work and Bluray discs show up. So I do not know where my problem is: I do not think its the card...but I may be wrong

The only thing is DVD player crashing. I am posting the crash log: Can you PLEASE help?

Thanks in advance.....

When it crashes, in the popup window do you get error -70012? What motherboard? It's probably the sata controller, if system info shows your card correctly with right amount of RAM and not as 5400 or 5000 series then I doubt it's the GPU. SATA issue is caused when OSX thinks your drive is external as DVD app will only work on internal drives. There are a few different ways to fix this, I've only even done one of them, which is editing DSDT SATA device ID to ESB2 which is also called "orange icon fix" in DSDTSE and other patches, but can be done manually quite easily. Also newest version of Chameleon Enoch branch has optional module that can be installed from the customize menu of it's intaller, there its refferred to as yellow icon fix. I haven't tried that one yet. Other methods involve AHCI port kexts. You can also check in Diskutility to see if drive shows internal or external.