• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Mafian

Mafian

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello Everyone I have been browsing the internet lately to see if it was possible to get an install of the latest Mac OSX on my laptop. I love the operating system so much but do not want to fork out 1200 dollars to try and buy on. I believe I have great specs on my laptop and was wondering if it would be possible, so here we go.

Laptop: Asus G60vx
4GB of RAM
320 GIG HARD Drive
Intel Centrino 2 Dual Core Processor 2.13Ghz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 260M
Intel Wifi Link 5100 AGN

The only thing I am seeing that will not install is the wifi and I cant seem to find anything updated that says they have made a kext for it or they aren't ever going to. Anyone have any input it would be gladly appreciated. I just want my laptop to work with wifi

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired
  • 396 posts
Chances are you'll need to change that WiFi card / get a usb one - see the wiki for compatible ones.
I believe apart from that you're good to go.
If you have a spare hdd swap your windows one out and try installing os x to the spare one first - lets you get everything working without having to worry about having an unusable laptop whilst yu figure out your os x install.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: G60vx, Asus

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy