GTX 560Ti Top kext (and maybe i7 3930k)?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

danell

danell

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Hi! Some days ago I installed ML on my computer (with dualboot) but today I made a benchmark with Cinebench to se if everything was correct.
I have one GTX 560 Ti Top for GPU and i7 3930K as CPU. Everything worked well after the installationen, the only thing I needed to do was to install the networkdriver and then everything was working perfect.
In system-preferences it says unknown CPU with 3,2GHz and GTX 560 Ti OpenGL.
In Cinebench (11.5) I got 9,10pts in CPU and 32,77fps in OpenGL. I dualbooted to my PC and did the same thing but this time I got 10,98pts in CPU (that's ok) but 52,20fps in graphiccard! That's a huge difference!
So I wonder if anyone else here has 560 that have got the GPU working good in ML, if I have to install/activate anything to get the full power of the GPU, if it will always be this different or if it's something about OpenGL?

Thanks!

OneBlueSky

OneBlueSky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Not sure what's going on with yours! I got 48,97 with mine. All I have for my 560Ti are the kexts from Mountain Lion DP3 and NVIDIA's Cuda.

(Mine is an MSI NVIDIA GTX 560Ti 2GB)

danell

danell

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
My card is a Asus GTx 560Ti Top 2gb. I haven't installed any kexts because everything seemed to work in the start, osx saw it was a 560. I bought ML from appstore so that's the build I have. Does the DP3 have different kexts? If so, where can I get the hands of them? Would love to get my 560 to at least 48 like yours :)

OneBlueSky

OneBlueSky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
My 560Ti was not supported from install. It was actually quite a nightmare to get it working until I found the DP3 kexts. (When I say nightmare I mean impossible, lol. ) Check here - http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1838367

But after I installed those, it worked flawlessly. Do you have the Cuda drivers installed as well? I don't know much about it honestly, but everyone says it has something to do with getting the most out of NVIDIA cards. Didn't test mine without it, so I am not sure what it would have been if different at all without Cuda.

danell

danell

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
When you told me about the Cuda I rememberd I forgot about installing that so I will try that first. If that doesn't work I will try your kexts and hope for the best :) Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy