How To Install OSX Mountain Lion On Dell XPS M1530
Things you will Need:
Mountain Lion App Store
Hackintosh or a Mac running OSX 10 and up, or
Windows computer running TransMac
1. The way that worked for me was by following this guide
Keep in mind this is the guide for installing Lion, but since the guide is clean I will recommend it.
EVERY STEP IS THE SAME. Use the MOUNTAIN LION APP STORE purchase instead of LION APP STORE since we are not installing Lion.
Once you have Mountain Lion 10.8, Make sure it is in APPLICATIONS!
Download Mountain Lion ###### 1.5.1 or the Latest
or google it…
2. Following the tutorial, Install ######
* YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SELECT LAPTOP SUPPORT IN ###### MENU
3. Once ###### is done installing, You are ready to go. This is where the fun begins.
4. I uploaded a folder with everything you might need to get ML (Mountain Lion) up and running.
5. Plug the MOUNTAIN LION USB you just created into a Hackintosh or a Windows Laptop or Pc running TransMac. Some Files in the ML (Mountain Lion) USB you just created needs to be deleted and or replaced.
6. Replace AppleACPIPlatform.kext from S/L/E with the one I uploaded.
7. Replace IOPCIFamily.kext from S/L/E with one I uploaded
8. Copy and paste Extra folder. You can use your own DSDT or use the one in this folder already.
9. Copy Every kext from my S/L/E folder to your S/L/E folder
10. Copy Every kext from FakeSMC-4.0svn-r570 folder to your S/L/E folder if you want HWMonitor to work.
11. Delete AppleHDA from your S/L/E
12. Once you have replaced, added, and deleted the files listed on the ML USB (Mountain Lion USB you created), Its time to fix permissions.
13. Use kext Wizard to repair permissions on Mountain Lion USB. Make sure to select ML USB and not your operating system. Fix Extra and S/L/E from kext wizard menu.
14. The last step is to boot into the ML USB you just created. Boot up, press F12 and select USB. ML OSX 10.8 installation takes about 30 minutes. Enjoy! J
**No need for Boot flags. If so, you did something wrong.
If you don’t have a Mac or Hackintosh to Repair permissions with Kext Wizard, you can attempt to still boot with the ML USB. Or Boot with any OSX. Use Disk Utility to verify and repair permissions on ML USB. This works just like kext wizard.
Dell XPS M1530- 10.8