can't isntall other os on computer because of lion

gavbear1234

13 posts in this topic

i installed lion and i got an error and now i cant boot but now i can't boot other distros either like ideneb 1.3...i get to the iatkos boot screen and i select ideneb 1.3 and then it says "can't find /custom, Press a key to continue..." does anyone have any suggestions? thanks

****UPDATE****...i got lion off of my hard drive by booting ubuntu(i didn't know what else to do) but now i can't boot off of a usb at all, i tell the computer to boot off of it, but it just goes to ubuntu...this is frustrating :wallbash: please help asap!

You're not making any sense.

What's on your external hard drive? Are you sure that it's bootable? Can you see it from Ubuntu?

Describe your hardware configuration, what's installed on each drive, and what you want to do.

i get to the iatkos boot screen and i select ideneb 1.3

Why are you using your iAtkos DVD to boot ideneb? Ideneb is a bootable DVD.

i don't have an optical drive? i had lion installed on my computer but i got a kernel panic so i installed ideneb 1.3 on my flash drive from my other pc and i get to the gray iatkos l2 screen where it says to boot into hard drive or flash drive. but that doesnt matter because now i have ubuntu 12.04 on my computer and i'm trying to boot ideneb 1.3 from external hard drive but i don't know how to restore ideneb to the hard drive without a mac

You're still not making any sense though.

These two sentences are contradictory:

i installed ideneb 1.3 on my flash drive from my other pc

i don't know how to restore ideneb to the hard drive without a mac

If you have successfully installed ideneb on your flash drive then what's stopping you from installing it to a hard drive?

the problem is that it would'nt boot from the iatkos screen and now i know how to install the ideneb to the flash drive but now that i have ubuntu on my computer somebody said that i have to use an external hard drive because if you try to boot from an ideneb flash drive, it just goes right to ubuntu, now my dilemma is that i don't know how to restore ideneb to a external hard drive on a pc...that's all i need to know

Unless I got the situation wrong, you need to restore an image to a drive? Correct?

If you need OsX tools but dont have boot media like DVD, i try using Q (or other virtualization program) to boot from an image. If you install it to a virtual machine you can restore it to a USB drive (or internal drive) and it should work (remember to install Chameleon). A good workaround if you need to install from usb. I dont have a dvd drive and used this method a lot before I got a real mac.