• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Juanissimo

Juanissimo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hi. I just installed mountain lion on a P8Z68-V LX Motherbaord with an EVGA Geforce GTX 550 Ti graphics card. Dual monitors and multiple resolutions are working after I added a custom device properties string to org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

But unfortunately graphics acceleration does not seem to be working. Animations are choppy and the itunes visualizer does not display. I've tried the patches to the Geforce drivers that worked with my card in 10.7, but mountain lion does not seem to like them. Any advice is appreciated.

Kynyo

Kynyo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:
Try to use chimera bootloader.
Edit org.chameleon.boot.plist with a tool like Champlist and check/uncheck GE=Y/N to see in which case it's working
Try to edit AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext by putting your correct GPU device id's in .plist.

Juanissimo

Juanissimo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Thanks for the reply. I am using chameleon and have already modified

org.chameleon.boot.plist to toggle GE (No GE causes a black screen, GE + no EFI causes a white screen, EFI and any GE setting lets me boot without acceleration). I just modified

AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext but that had no effect.

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 2,747 posts
Hi

i don't know if this can help you, but try to add your ID into Info.plist from NVDAGF100Hal.kext (S/L/E)

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>
0x06c010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0cc010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0ce010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0dc010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0de010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0e0d10de&amp;0xffffffff
0x0e2010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0e4010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0e8010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0ee010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0f0010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0f2010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0fa010de&amp;0xffffffff
0x0fa210de&amp;0xffffffff
0x108010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x10a010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x110010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x120010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x124010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x124410de&amp;0xffc0ffff
</string>

Repair the permissions, reboot ! Pray ! ;)

Juanissimo

Juanissimo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks for the reply, but that didn't work either. I added the device id, changed permissions, rebooted with the -f flag, and still nothing.

neotrunks014

neotrunks014

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Any luck?

I'm at work right now and can't try it but does this help? http://www.insanelym...ring-Installer-[Beta]

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,772 posts
Use Kext Wizard for install in S/L/E repairPermissions and rebuid caches, reboot

https://www.dropbox....ler 64.kext.zip

Juanissimo

Juanissimo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
iFire: thanks, but no luck after following your instructions. Anything else I should try?

neotrunks: I don't think that's for GTX cards.

siddharthtd

siddharthtd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I am on full QE and CI on the retail Mountain Lion with asus gtx 550 ti...
When making the installer itself, I added the string in NVDAGF100Hal.kext and placed my smbios.plist from hardware acclerated OS X Lion in the extra folder on the disc. While in installation itself, I got full resolution....

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,975 posts
Try injecting your GPU into your DSDT. Follow my guide here:

http://rampagedev.wo...rd-into-a-dsdt/

wormyrocks

wormyrocks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Did this solution work? I'm having the same problem.

siddharthtd

siddharthtd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Got QE on 550Ti....

Attached Files

neotrunks014

neotrunks014

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Got QE on 550Ti....

how did u do this please i have the galaxy gtx 550 ti but no QE what installation method did u use

please PM if anything

siddharthtd

siddharthtd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Same method that I used to make the OS X Lion Installer....
Just One update I would like to add is, The Stock Mountain Lion doesn't have Geforce.kext present in Lion. Can everyone please try pasting this geforce.kext in extensions of your installed mountain lion, add the graphic card string in NVDAGF100HAL.kext, repair permissions, for safely, use netkas fakesmc (Found it completely working)....
ML has no PS2 support I suppose, So add appropriate kexts..(They differ from machine to machine.)...
Now cross your fingers and reboot. Please post your replies on my post. Hope this works for all of you.....

Attached Files

neotrunks014

neotrunks014

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
finally got it working thanks, now i have the problem when i change the resolution, it gets suck on a light blue screen.... nothing is ever 100% :(

wormyrocks

wormyrocks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

finally got it working thanks, now i have the problem when i change the resolution, it gets suck on a light blue screen.... nothing is ever 100% :(

What happens when you try to put the computer to sleep?

neotrunks014

neotrunks014

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
it stays black.. but i dont really put my computer to sleep, either leave it on or turn it off..

i see graphical errors when i get out of my screen saver too, so i turned that off also... its not 100% perfect but its usable

siddharthtd

siddharthtd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Guyz please post your results..!!
Only Neo got it working or everyone out here has...??????
Mine works 100%....
No blue screen when resolution is changed.....
When I shut down my computer, it doesn't really shut down...
The CPU LED stays on...
The Fans and Graphic Card Exhaust stays on.
I have to restart my computer to turn it off....

KatieBug

KatieBug

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
550Ti has worked well since install in normal mundane tasks. Only had to patch GeForceGLDriver.bundle to get OpenCL working, patched AGPM to get decent power states. BUT... Freezes when wake from sleep, freezes when coming out of monitor standby and in most fullscreen games and some apps which are OpenGL intensive. Most of us * thought the card was working 100% until we tried to use sleep (which not everyone needs) or tried to play games or fullscreen apps like Parallels. Try UnigineHeaven (as an example) in full screen mode and see what I mean. Check the log in Consol after having to force a reboot. NVDA OpenGL channel timeouts and errors are logged as soon as you hit fullscreen. These games and Unigine work 100% in window mode, but as soon as you enter a fullscreen space, (ML makes extensive use of spaces) the display freezes on a black screen. I posted a bit more under the Graphics Card section. This applies to all GF108 & GF116 cards. 550Ti has a GF116 GPU. Unfortunately, no-one has any advice or has come any closer to a solution. So until a solution is found, this card cannot be considered as 100% working.

*By "us", I am referring to other forums besides this one (sigh! yes 'that one' too) Not much responses to issues on here lately so I end up where Google takes me... which has not been much use.

neotrunks014

neotrunks014

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
{censored} there goes checking other forums.... in Lion it was 100%.. the 550ti ran better on Lion than on windows 7 lol... for now it usable.. pretty sure someone well make a patch

and Sid, to be honest i found loads of ways to make the 550ti work with QE/QL but i didn't know how and i think i fixed it by mistake.. all i did was follow this website here http://thetecherra.c...rt-to-finish-2/

then it wouldn't boot up i was suck on usbmsc identifier in -v mode... then i ran the bootloader again and added to the bootloader the resolution for my card and my monitor and bam it worked.. no plist editing to the NVAD100 or anything...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GTX 550, Mountain Lion

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy