• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

totoro81

totoro81

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
It worked for me too, using Pacifist to extract the files to /S/L/E. Mirroring is working now.
Unfortunately, this gave me another kind of issue. If I try to watch a video or record one from my webcam in Quicktime, I can only hear the sound but the QT Window stays totally black. Even the playback controls are gone.
If I try to launch Final Cut X, it gives me an error saying that the hardware on my machine is not supported 'cause it has no hardware acceleration.

I'm going to try a combination of new and old kexts.

mkMoSs

mkMoSs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
If you had modified the previous kexts putting your device id etc in the kexts you probably need to do this again. You probably overwrote the modified kexts with vanilla. It worked for me instantly because I had vanilla geforce kexts and I had a patched DSDT and my card is working with full acceleration. Best way to go is patch your DSDT (and do nothing else), if that doesn't work, use GraphicsEnabler=Yes, if that doesn't work patch the kexts.

Edited by Gringo Vermelho, 21 November 2012 - 05:59 PM.
Overquoting removed. Please don't quote entire posts when replying directly below them.

b0dyr0ck2008

b0dyr0ck2008

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Aw {censored} I broke it.

Extracted files with pacifist and installed the kexts and copied the other files over. Repaired permissions and rebuilt caches. Rebooted and the screen size was well off and didn't have any other options.

So reinstalled original kexts and copied over original files rebuilt and permissions. Rebooted and get stuck. I just have a black screen with a little white box in the top corner!!

Help

b0dyr0ck2008

b0dyr0ck2008

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
What have I done? How can I fix this? I currently can't get back into ML for some reason...................

b0dyr0ck2008

b0dyr0ck2008

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Not to worry I fixed it now.

totoro81

totoro81

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

If you had modified the previous kexts putting your device id etc in the kexts you probably need to do this again. You probably overwrote the modified kexts with vanilla. It worked for me instantly because I had vanilla geforce kexts and I had a patched DSDT and my card is working with full acceleration. Best way to go is patch your DSDT (and do nothing else), if that doesn't work, use GraphicsEnabler=Yes, if that doesn't work patch the kexts.

I didn't modified the kext, the GTS 450 worked OOTB except for the mirroring.
Anyway, I reinstalled the official kexts from NVidia and still Quicktime was giving me a black screen. But then I tried to turn off the computer, instead of rebooting... et voilà, it's working now! :)

Never Mind

Never Mind

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Unfortunately, not 100% fixed:

Oct 27 20:26:53 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel timeout!
Oct 27 20:27:33 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel timeout!
Oct 29 16:43:07 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception type = 0x2c = GR: Fault During Context Switch
Oct 29 16:43:07 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception type = 0xd = GR: SW Notify Error
Oct 29 16:43:07 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception type = 0xd = GR: SW Notify Error
Oct 29 16:43:28 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel timeout!
Oct 29 16:43:28 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception type = 0x1f = Fifo: MMU Error
Oct 29 16:43:28 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception type = 0xd = GR: SW Notify Error
Oct 29 16:43:28 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception type = 0x1f = Fifo: MMU Error
Oct 29 16:43:51 Mac-Pro kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel timeout!

Still have some "random" OSX-freezes...

ncmontas

ncmontas

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
is there any new updates about the fix for the channel timeout for GTS450?

ktzyeah

ktzyeah

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
latest nvidia drivers (even if the installation has failed for me) + opencl patch + agpm kext mod + latest chameleon: i'm not experiencing channel timeout in the last 2 days with my msi geforge gts450 (1gb ram)... finger crossed!

ncmontas

ncmontas

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
@ktzyeah can you show me you agpm kext, thanks

ktzyeah

ktzyeah

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
i've followed the procedure in this post (you have to scroll down a bit) http://www.insanelym...e/#entry1856871

ncmontas

ncmontas

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
@ktzyeah ok i will try it,I am just wandering if the modification will be applicable to below settings or do i need to modify my hack to MacPro5, 1?
<key>MacPro3,1</key>
<dict>

ktzyeah

ktzyeah

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
i believe you should try to change your smbios to macpro5,1 and see what happen modding the agpm kext... of course be sure to backup your old smbios first :)
by the way you should also download the latest nvidia drivers ( at this link if you are on ML 10.8.2 http://www.nvidia.it...-driver-it.html ) , open the package with pacifist, install the kexts in S/L/E with kext utility and apply this opencl patch http://www.insanelym...80#entry1852666

ncmontas

ncmontas

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
@ktzyeah thanks, I already have the latest driver installed and patched the opencl (still experiencing the issue after this), I want to try to edit my existing agpm hoping this will resolved my issue.

ncmontas

ncmontas

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
update: after modifying my agpm in accordance withe the link provided by

ktzyeah

, all goes well except for the wake, got screen freezes during wake process as I check the logs channel exception occurred :(, i did not experienced this before modifying and can wake up without a glitch on graphics , i guess tweaking is necessary to the agpm in order for it to work ....

@

ktzyeah do you have problems on wake on GTS450?

ktzyeah

ktzyeah

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
i don't use sleep/wake functions on my desktop... by the way i did a test with it yesterday and wake up didn't work :(

tigos2

tigos2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:UNIX (BSD branches), Internet

Great news, this (OpenGL) is fixed!!!!

I'm on:
Asus GTS 450 1GB

And most importantly new NVIDIA-drivers:
QUADRO & GEFORCE MAC OS X DRIVER RELEASE 304.00.05f02

Version:
304.00.05f02
Release Date:

http://www.nvidia.co...f02-driver.html

Tested: changing resolutions; no more blue screens (or actually a blue screen, but then it recovers)
Tested: coming out of 3D game; back normally to desktop

Not tested: display sleep (i've it turned off)

Rockin'! |-)

Worked for me! MB: Asus P8B75-V, NVidia GTS450 1Gb id: 0dc4, OS X 10.8.2 : change resolution - worked!, iShowU Pro - worked! turn off/on monitors -worked! boot fastest! (all of this optinion not worked before)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy