Install Mountain Lion with update

29 posts in this topic

Facepalm! :hysterical:This community is starting to attract the weird ones lately. If you want to install OSX without learning anything about it and how it works, I'd suggest a site called t0nym@cx86.c0m. You may feel more at home there. :glare:

Stop bashing Tonymac please. Before TonymacX86 and the blog went up, he was a regular poster here at Insanelymac. You have no idea what he has done for the Hackintosh community in the dark days of Hackintosh. I do. Just because somebody sets up a very popular and informative X86 site (that many see as "selling out" due to Newegg links), and because he and others in the community compiled an all-in-one installer (pseudo distro), does not give you the right to continually (this is not your first jab) bash him. Let's be civil here, and realistic; the community, regardless of the site, is what matters. :P

P.S. The people over there are just as AWESOME as the people here. :afro:

Stop bashing Tonymac please. Before TonymacX86 and the blog went up, he was a regular poster here at Insanelymac. You have no idea what he has done for the Hackintosh community in the dark days of Hackintosh. I do. Just because somebody sets up a very popular and informative X86 site (that many see as "selling out" due to Newegg links), and because he and others in the community compiled an all-in-one installer (pseudo distro), does not give you the right to continually (this is not your first jab) bash him. Let's be civil here, and realistic; the community, regardless of the site, is what matters. :P

P.S. The people over there are just as AWESOME as the people here. :afro:

None of those are the reasons he gets {censored}. Except maybe the selling out part =P.

In regards to updating, I dunno. I think I once did an update for some reason to test out Lion I think. I noticed some new things when doing a fresh install of it later, like new settings that I didn't even pick up on because it used SL settings.

I find updating a sluggish experience to be absolutely honest with you. I went ahead and updated my main Lion install ... even though sone menus (like opening a stack) definitely feel snappier the overall interface experience is really slow and sluggish. I'm thinking of doing a clean install now which I always used to do before, its just now that I felt really lazy and went the wrong route.

I find updating a sluggish experience to be absolutely honest with you. I went ahead and updated my main Lion install ... even though sone menus (like opening a stack) definitely feel snappier the overall interface experience is really slow and sluggish. I'm thinking of doing a clean install now which I always used to do before, its just now that I felt really lazy and went the wrong route.

Ahh that sucks! I dont see why you would get slow down unless ML isnt so happy with your device. Perhaps there are some new kexts needed for your setup? Its not like ML is much more than a bolt on to Lion really but it seems they have optimised the code to give the OS a snappier feel also. I have read that before Lion came out then a fresh install was highly advisable between OS changes but since Lion update installs are perfectly fine and of no consequence compared to a fresh install.

Oh and whilst writing I see some are finally addressing Subxero for his flaming. Tonymac does provide a great website with great tools the fact that he has given into some advertising is fine because he obviously puts alot of time in helping the community and its not so wrong for him to get something back.

What would of been nice though would be someone addressing his attitude towards new members asking questions, after all that is the point of a forum. Sure he is obviously just a kiddie but attitudes like this should be stopped for the good of any forum.