Displayport & 3 displays Sapphire HD 5750 1GB GDDR5 problem with Lion

starobrno1

37 posts in this topic

I don't see ATY_init that widely used imo so I guess you could do away with it.

I had a feeling after you added your IDs into the 2 kexts everything should be up and running as in most cases it's just that simple. As for the connectors with only some working, that is related to the framebuffer you loaded up. It is worth a try to replace them go ahead, hopefully it would work the same way but only one way to find out right?

After a couple days of testing it shows that the only ports that work on boot is the two dvi and DP. To get the combination dvi hdmi and DP to work you have to disconnect the hdmi and connect it again.

What more is the dvd player wont work nor will vlc but the rest seems to work like it should. Its hard to say though I would need to do more testing over longer time to be completely sure. My Black Magic Intensity Pro capture card for my HD camcorder seem to work and it show up both in camtwist and flash media live encoder. These two programs will sometimes freeze or shut down though so it doesnt seem to be so stable. I dont know if its because of Lion, I havent used Lion so much so I have pretty much no experience how it would work under such a heavy load doing stuff like what camtwist and fmle can do.

Also there seems to be no way I can get any framebuffer what so ever to load. It doesnt matter what I do and it makes no difference if I do it from the command line or if I type it in to the chameleon boot.plist. Ive tried to add AtiPort= different number of ports too and Ive tried it with a string of its own for both AtiConfig and ports and all the various combinations entered in to the string GraphiccsEnabler=yes (or no) AtiConfig=Vervet (etc) AtiPorts=etc.

Nothing changes, whatever I do I get the same result?

You have any ideas how I change frambuffer so I get somekind of reaction at leastl. Its hard to figure out which one it is for my card if its the same whatever I do. Though even if I knew which it is its seems I cant lure the os to bite the hook anyway lol. It seems it likes the standard FB end of story lol.

If you're forced to use the HDMI with no other option, you could always get a DVI -> HDMI dongle that would take care of that issue but I doubt you'd get sound via the DVI.

Lion above 10.7.3 was pretty much stable for me program wise but which program are you using your BMI card with?

Also, as to why the AtiConfig isn't working is beyond me because it works for my 4850 as well as my 6870 yet your card defaults to the radeonframebuffer. My only educated guess would be that OS X doesn't know how to load another frame buffer for it but that's ludicrous as the AtiConfig flag forces it to load the specified framebuffer.

If I were you, I wouldn't lure a lion to take a bait it might just bite ya know. :P

0x68be1002 is the id for this sapphire card but I believe the original id in the kexts are 0x68BE1002 so that might be the problem. It didnt work so good at all before somebody found out its not in capital. Ether its that or that this id make a problem in chameleon. Maby they didnt think about that some ids for some cards might not be in capitals when they fixed the graphics support. Or its a problem with the DSDT.AMLs for this mobo that fabio fixed for us P6T SE owners.

Cham doesn't seem to be forcing the FB for your card so the system just defaults to the default FB. If you know anyone else with your card, you can ask them if they've got their card working with another FB. Shouldn't be a DSDT error btw.

Yes for some strange reason it seem it doesnt do anything at all. I also installed ML but its the same. I did two installations, one update from SL and one fresh. With the updated SL I have to pull the DP cabel and put it back in to make it work, with the fresh install it there on bootup like it should work. No QE or anything though so programs wont work like they should and a few wont work at all.

I tried the latest cham too (2030) but it makes no difference and whats strange is that it wont create the Extra folder. Not in ML anyway Im not sure how it is in Lion or SL havent tried on them. And the Graphics Enabler option for the plist it say that its for Nvidia cards, nothing about AMD which I always believed it also where so at this point I am really confused.

Whats more is Ive tried to ask in the cham thread but no replies, not sure why but to me it looks Im pretty much ignored over there.

Im about to give up on hackmacs and buy an Imac lol. Seriously I really am, before it was harder to install the OS. Thats easier now but to make it work like it should is harder now. Thats probably cause the PC hardware is so far ahead with new standards coming all the time compared to mac and that OS X gets updated with a new version as it feels pretty much once a year. So things never get really done and finished cause the guys that help us and do the hard work constantly get new problems to sort out.

Thing is that isn't overly difficult but it's easier to buy hardware that other users buy like the gtx 580 and 680 that work natively the 6870 5870 that works OOTB. When you go something like a 5750 when OS X recognized the 5770, it isn't guaranteed that the 5750 will 100% work all the time it's the dilemma you have to deal with being a hackintosher. If you don't want to be bothered with the headaches anymore, I def do agree with you that it would be more viable to just buy an iMac and do away with the hassle but I personally love the experience and the awesome pieces of hardware we can put together at the fraction of a the cost of a mac pro with similar parts.

Yes I agree its cool to tinker around with it and to get it to work and the combinations you can get compared to a real mac is also one of the big advantages with the hackintosh computer. In my case that means I still can use my two good old PCI M-Audio Delta soundcards (Delta 1010 and 44) which wouldnt be possible in a real mac today.

(I still have to test them in ML though but Im sure its gonna work. My Saffire Pro 10 i/o works out of the box no drivers nothing so my hopes are high)

The 5750 I believe they actually shipped in a few model Imacs a year ago or so if Im not wrong. Anyway thats what they had in my local store at that time so thats why I bought it.

Over the years here on the forum I constantly see people that just want to use their computers rather than to work with them to make them run 100% mac like. Sleep seem to be a big issue here and lots and lots of time is spend on making it work. To me that is actually strange I see no use for sleep pretty much at all, I say save energy and use the button turn it of instead. even if it consumes very little power while at sleep a couple of million computers constantly on sleep will do that.

I see people that for various reasons need to use apple programs. It can be that they cant afford a real mac or like in my case have gear that wont work in a real mac or some other reason. Probably most are young people that cant afford it though. Maby theyre in to recording music like me and they like apple software or their buddys use it, so in order to make stuff run smooth its easier to go mac. Recording programs can be complecated to get in to so its easier to get help if you use the same as your buddies.

Like it is here its pretty much your expected to be dedicated to hackingtoshing rather than just being a user. So I see a lot of do the reading up dont be lazy go through the threads google it etc etc. I mean some threads are loooooooooooong so even to me its crazy Im expected to do that.

Also some of the guides Ive seen here over the years have been mildly said over complecated and not always accurate which can lead a beginner a stray big time. Ive been there :D .

What I mean is I wish we would respect more than what Ive seen over the years that everyone isnt here for the hackingtoshing. Pretty much what Ive seen you do, I see you in a lot of threads trying to help people out and I really like that.

Ok take care I will report back in the other thread how it goes

It could have possibly shipped with a 5750 configuration but I'm most certain it did the 5770 though of course they are very similar the 5750 probably a binned 5770. Glad you aren't gonna give up on the scene though, you seem like a truly genuine user. :)

Totally agree with you on the whole beginning the osx86 scene can be daunting and without a large budget it can most certainly feel overwhelming but if you're desire to run a hackintosh is strong enough (at least back when it used to be more of a challenge) then you're likely to succeed at it. The tweaks from getting your system to sleep to cosmetic fixes is what drives people here to not give up till their system is just at that 100% mark. I tend to follow guides to a certain extent but I've also learned along the way by making mistakes and learning from them at the same time.

You'll of course have the people that will just come here and use the resources do what they have to and just leave it at that but I actually enjoy spending my free time helping others what others have helped me get together, it's the world of sharing and caring.

See ya around in other threads man, take care.

• 2 years later...

0x68be1002 is the id for this sapphire card but I believe the original id in the kexts are 0x68BE1002 so that might be the problem. It didnt work so good at all before somebody found out its not in capital. Ether its that or that this id make a problem in chameleon. Maby they didnt think about that some ids for some cards might not be in capitals when they fixed the graphics support. Or its a problem with the DSDT.AMLs for this mobo that fabio fixed for us P6T SE owners.

How do you hcange this value without breaking the kext?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...