DevID 9480 # SAMSUNG R520 (KEXTS/OVERHEATING) | ATI MOBILITY 4650 | ATHEROS AR5007EG

muratkayan

5 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

I just installed 10.7.2 on my Samsung R520. But when I try to install with DVD my laptop gets overheating and shut down. Actually this is not a problem for me I can fix it. The main problem is I couldn't find required kexts for my notebook.

System:

SAMSUNG NOTEBOOK R520

CPU:

Mobile DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo P8700, 2533 MHz (9.5 x 267)

Device ID (DevID):

Vendor:

ATI (0x1002)

Graphics:

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 (1024 MB) devilish.pngNot Workingdevilish.png

Name of the Motherboard:

Samsung R520/R522/R620

Motherboard Chipset:

Intel Cantiga PM45

RAM / System Memory:

4096 MB (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM)

BIOS Type:

Phoenix (10/29/09)

Network Adapter (Wireless):

Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter devilish.pngNot Workingdevilish.png

Network Adapter (Wired/LAN):

Marvell Yukon 88E8057 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller devilish.pngNot Workingdevilish.png

Sound:

Realtek ALC272 devilish.pngNot Workingdevilish.png

Revision ID:

0x0000

Screen (LED):

15,6 inch and 1366x768 resolution

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Did you complete the install? DVD is really not the way to go for Lion, with USB you can add bootloader and whatever you need. You can find needed kexts for every one of those devices fairly easily, I don't mind helping find a particular file you might be having trouble locating, but you gotta put some effort into it. with a list like that your basically saying "build me a hackintosh", between google, searching these forums and maybe osx86.net aka kexts.com, you should be able to get most of that sorted in a few hours. If you haven't installed osx yet, there are also tons of guides how to do it with a USB or extra hdd partition.

Yeah, I completed the install. I'm posting here cause of there are lot of kexts available, but not for me. They are not working on my Hackintosh. Especially Graphics Card didn't work until that moment yet. Resolution always 1024 x 768 and Finder doesn't support transparent view. And it says 3 MB Graphic Card, even though I have 1024 MB graphic card.

Have you tried the first and easiest method for enabling the graphics card yet, adding GraphicsEnabler=Yes to boot.plist or typing it in at the Chameleon Boot prompt?