QE/CI on GeForce FX5200/FX5500
based on Leo Ari Wibowo's guide
- OSx86 Tools
- NVIDIA Universal Installer
- CoreGraphics Framework 10.5.5
1. Boot to Leopard with -s -v flags
2. Type these commands:
/sbin/fsck -fy /sbin/mount -uw / rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/Ge* rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/NVD* rm -R /System/Library/Extensions.mkext exit
3. DON'T SHUTDOWN/REBOOT YOUR PC! Leopard should boot normally.
4. Open OSx86 Tools > Add EFI String/Boot Flag > GFX Strings > Custom > Name your card (whatever you want) > Your card VRAM (mine is 256 mb) > Your graphics card port (mine have DVI and VGA so i chosen VGA/DVI-I).
5. Now you have an EFI-String! Click on Apply changes to com.apple.Boot.plist. Then, REBOOT.
6. Install NVIDIA Universal Installer. Click Continue, you'll logout and login again.
7. Open OSx86 Tools > Check Repair Permissions, Clear Extensions Caches and Touch Extensions Folder > Run Selected Tasks. Wait and then REBOOT.
8. Now, QE/CI should work, but with some glitches. (See for example System Preferences window)
9. Open the CoreGraphics 10.5.5 Framework Package with Pacifist. Then, Select all the files, Right Click it, Install to default location. Now, REBOOT.
If you want, you can also enable Quartz GL (Quartz Extreme 2D) by clicking on OSx86 Tools the button Enable/Disable Quartz GL.
Check my Attached File to view my System Profiler.
Translucent bar doesn't work because the FX5200/FX5500 are too old ):