Hazard SL Still waiting for root device

9 posts in this topic

HI, I have a HP Compaq Laptop and am trying to install Hazard Snow Leopard 10.6.3 from a Hazard disc, It is a DVD-R. I am not using a boot loader because when i press f8 I can still do boot flags, I have tried many but I always get to Still waiting for root device. There is no option in my BIOS for CD or HDD options.. I am running Windows 7. Should I try and enable AHCI on that?

I could try using a boot loader.. IDK

Thanks!

Specs: AMD Turion x64 dual core 1.9Ghz (I can overclock to about 2.2ghz) but cooling...

Says Designed for Windows XP but I have 7 on it now and works very good

2GB RAM, Upgrade able I might geet 2x2gb to get 4gb of ram. Says 1.87GB usable

AMD Radeon X1200 series with 128mb VRAM Shares 130mb or something with my main RAM to get a little bit more.

HP Motherboard

As again it's a laptop so I can't really do anything hardware based. I have seen that people have managed to install Leopard on my laptop model so if Snow is going too far could someone recommend me a Leopard distro?

Should I try and enable AHCI on that?

You should do it If the bios allow you to set it to AHCI.

If you can't solve the problem, try iAtkos S3 V2 or Retail + Nawcom bootcd.

The BIOS DOES NOT have any option whatsoever to do with AHCI. I have checked and checked. But the HP website says that it should have an option for native sata mode if you have XP on it and I have 7.

What I said is should I try and enable the AHCI DRIVER on windows 7?

Thanks.

Hazard 10.6.6i ISO boot on every mashine(exept AMD)

you need to test,on my Compaq desktop dont have AHCI in BIOS- and ISO run without problem :thumbsup_anim: