• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

daz1uk

daz1uk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hi I have an ATI 6450 graphics card and would really like to be able to get sound running through it, are there any kexts to enable this as I am not using a dsdt due to no patches being available for my specific motherboard, shuttle Sp35. Oh yeah this is on lion.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,120 posts
I don't believe there is a HDAEnabler.kext available that can do that. Not sure, but it should be easy enough to find if it exists.

Technically you are already "using a DSDT". You can't really avoid using your DSDT, it's part of your BIOS. It just hasn't been patched.

What's wrong with extracting your DSDT and patching it for HDMI audio?

buoo

buoo

The Prodigal Son

• Moderators
  • 4,536 posts
If you feel like it, you could use an EFI injection

ErmaC

ErmaC

• Supervisors
  • 4,695 posts
Or you can now use the key EnableHDMIAudio in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist (available from commit 1950)
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EnableHDMIAudio</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Fabio

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Or you can now use the key EnableHDMIAudio in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist (available from commit 1950)

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EnableHDMIAudio</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Fabio

wait a moment - does the EnableHDMIAudio switch ALSO require GraphicsEnabler to be toggled on ??? (I don't see why else you'd list GE = y in the same contyext as EnableHDMIAudio = y .. ?

Also: even with EnableHDMIAudio = y there still needs to be the appropriate driver. Aren't the DSDT edits part of driver, so to speak? Way more than just the Chameleon switch EnableHDMIAudio?

Or in other words: what is the value of EnableHDMIAudio in org chameleon boot plist?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy