smorf

smorf

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
hi all,

i seem to have problems with USB audio.
I tried different USB Ports on my rig, also i used 2 different usb-audio devices (C-Media and a terratec aureon) which work fine on my macbook.
For example during videos (VLC) or when using Voip (X-Lite) i hear crackling noises at radom times and every now and then USB audio starts to fail completely (audio and mic).
When I restart the applications, everything works, sometimes i also need to unplug the usb audio adapter and plug it back in.

I have a Asus P5L-MX mainboard, and in 10.5/10.6 i used an alternative IOPCI family kext, which was supposed to fix "minor usb issues", according to the HCL. This kext does not seem to work in 10.7.4, i get instant kernel panics on boot.

Can anyone point me a way to fix this?

thanks in advance!!
smorf

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

hi all,

i seem to have problems with USB audio.
I tried different USB Ports on my rig, also i used 2 different usb-audio devices (C-Media and a terratec aureon) which work fine on my macbook.
For example during videos (VLC) or when using Voip (X-Lite) i hear crackling noises at radom times and every now and then USB audio starts to fail completely (audio and mic).
When I restart the applications, everything works, sometimes i also need to unplug the usb audio adapter and plug it back in.

I have a Asus P5L-MX mainboard, and in 10.5/10.6 i used an alternative IOPCI family kext, which was supposed to fix "minor usb issues", according to the HCL. This kext does not seem to work in 10.7.4, i get instant kernel panics on boot.

Can anyone point me a way to fix this?

thanks in advance!!
smorf

IOUSBFamily.kext rollback!!!!

smorf

smorf

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
sure, i forgot to tell. i already kicked out the faulty IOPCIFamily.kext and reinstalled the original one. everyhing is running fine againt, except for my usb audio, which has the problem i explained. where can i find an alternate iousbfamily.kext to give it a try? thanks!!
smorf

UPDATE: Found it! I´ll give it a try!
UPDATE2: Looks good so far, i´ll keep testing! Thanks for that! I´ll give a feedback tomorrow after a few hours testing!

smorf

smorf

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
works like a charm. iFIRE, you made my day! thanks! :-)

bjiggler

bjiggler

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Care to share where you found the alternative iousbfamily.kext as I too have the same USB sound cards and find the sound cracks and pops, thanks

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,807 posts

Care to share where you found the alternative iousbfamily.kext as I too have the same USB sound cards and find the sound cracks and pops, thanks

Google this: IOUSBFamily.kext rollback and voila!!! :whistle:

smorf

smorf

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
okay. just had my first audio crash again. obviously the rollback made it better, but i still have the same issue.... :-/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: USB Audio

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy