after trying "hundreds" of hours to install OS-X Lion on Sony VAIO VPCEB4J1E, I'd like to let you know my experiences about this piece of
The following Hardware is working without any problems:
- Keyboard & Trackpad (1448-PS2-Synaptics-Keyboard-32+64)
- Sound and internal Speakers (VoodooHDA 0.2.7.3)
- Motion Eye Camera (Out of the box)
- Bluetooth (Out of the Box)
- Make bootable USB-Stick with iAtkos L2
- Replace "AppleACPIPlattform.kext" and "IOPCIFamily.kext" on Boot-Stick with this Versions of "PCI Configuration Begin Fix"
- Boot from Stick with this Flags to install: USBBusFix=Yes "Graphic Mode"="1024x768x32" -v
- Use USB-Mouse & -Keyboard to install Lion
- After completed installation boot your Lion with connected VGA-Display (connected to VGA-Port) to get output on the internal Display
- Use the 1448-PS2-Synaptics-Keyboard-32+64 Kext to get Keyboard and Trackpad working
- Install VoodooHDA with ###### to enable Sound
Disconnecting the external Display and rebooting the System will get a black internal Screen. The system is stable in background but you can reach it via "vnc-access" on a second Mac.
I tried to change EDID, different KEXTs, some DSDT-Files from other VAIOs, nearly every Tipps & Tricks I found in Google. - But nothing helped.
Now I decided to give up, about 40 hours of trying and searching are enough. If anyone outthere has a solution to get the internal Display working with QE/CI I'd be glad to read about it here.
I got the following informations about the hardware while trying:
- Graphic-Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 (80 SM5.0 750MHz, 512 MB DDR3 1.58GHz 64-bit, PCI 2.00 x16)
- Display: SNY05FA - ProductID = 5FA - ManufacturerID = 55629 (0xD94D) - 1366x768 Pixel with 32Bit Colors
Perhaps this information will help one or the other of you guys. If you can get this
Thanx to all and many Greetings from Germany!