Please could I get some advice on a custon build?

Hardware laptop advice custom

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

lordzombiejesus

lordzombiejesus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there, I have read through the rules and it says only to ask a question such as this if I have googled and searched the wiki and this forum to no avail, which is rather frustratingly the case I’m afraid.
I need a Mac to run things like Final Cut Pro for my Uni work but I can’t afford one. I’m looking into building a hackintosh by buying a custom built laptop and installing snow leopard on it. I think I’m ok in terms of sheer power, (I’m quite a geek with windows based PC's so I know some technical stuff, but this is my first venture into building a hackintosh and I’m a bit lost tbh) and from what I can gather I’m heading in the right direction by getting a mother board with an Intel chipset and an Nvidia video card with Sata hard drives, but I can’t afford to shell out over £1000 on this without the knowledge that it will almost certainly work. I know that no one can give me that answer exactly, but i wondered if anyone could pass comment on the likelihood of the hardware I have picked out working as a hackintosh? I have googled, searched here and the wiki but can’t seem to find advice on the components of my set up. They are;

Clevo W150ERQ Gaming Notebook 15.6" Full HD 1920x1080 Display w/ Built-in 2.0 MP Webcam, Fingerprint Sensor, HDMI Port, Li-Ion Battery, & Universal AC Adapter
  • Intel® Core™ i7-3720QM Mobile Processor 2.60 GHz 6M Smart Cache, Max Turbo Freq. 3.60 GHz
  • Mobile Intel HM77 Express Chipset Mainboard
  • 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3-1333 SODIMM Memory
  • NVIDIA GT 650M 1GB PCIe Video
  • 500GB 7200RPM SATA300 Hard Drive x 2
  • 8X DVD±R/RW/4X + DL Super-Multi Drive (NB-373-DVDRW)
  • Built-in 3D Premium Surround Sound
  • Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235 - 802.11A/B/G/N 300Mbps Dual-Band Wi-Fi + Bluetooth Combo [Intel WiDi Ready]
I don’t want someone to walk me through an installation or anything, I’m fairly confident once I have the hardware I can do everything else without any further help, I’m just worried about shelling out a fortune to end up with a machine that is useless too me. Any help is much appreciated and thanks in advance.

BALDY_MAN

BALDY_MAN

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
lap tops are harder to do. how about i micro board and a micro case build. you need to get a board as close to a mac as you can. to make it easy for your self
ie. are the kexts easy to get hold of. Sound internet graphics . dsdt file storage chip.
I've just had a quick google
HP PRO Book 4530s

lordzombiejesus

lordzombiejesus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

lap tops are harder to do. how about i micro board and a micro case build. you need to get a board as close to a mac as you can. to make it easy for your self
ie. are the kexts easy to get hold of. Sound internet graphics . dsdt file storage chip.
I've just had a quick google
HP PRO Book 4530s

Thanks for taking the time to reply. =] I haven’t been able to find people who have researched the exact hardware i will be using, so it is hard to say for some of it. I assume you suggest that laptop as it is known for being easy to install a Mac os on? I appreciate the time and effort you put in but do you know of any more powerful laptop's that might work well? That’s roughly the same kind of power i have in my current laptop but i need something much more powerful for the work i will be doing. Thanks again for your comment whether you can help further or not.

RocketSledder77

RocketSledder77

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Theme Parks, Photography, Video Photography.
I would like to know to I just upgraded my HP HDX16t CTO-1200 (which ran Mac OSX 10.7.2 "practically perfectly") for a HP DV6t Quad Edition 7000 with Ivy Bridge CPU & Chipset, I should get it by Monday. I guess providing the specs I do know would help, here is what I know so far:

3rd Generation Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3 GHz
Intel HM77 Express Chipset
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M (2GB DDR Dedicated RAM)
Bluray player/burner
3x USB 3.0 "SuperSpeed"/ 1x USB 2.0/HDMI/VGA/RJ45 Eithernet Port/Headphone-Out (Stereo)/Microphone-In
Multi-Format Digital Media Card Reader for Secure Digital cards & Multimedia cards
HP TrueVision HD Webcam with integrated Dual Array Digital Microphone (High Definition Low-Light)
4x Beats Audio™ Internal speakers; Beats Audio™ Audio playback; HP Triple Bass Reflex with Subwoofer
Synaptics TouchPad with on/off button and support for multitouch gestures
Full-sized Island-style Backlit Keyboard with Numberpad
Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Intel 802.11b/g/n Wireless with Bluetooth (NO, NOT AGAIN :) ) If it doesn't work I hope I can use my HP Atheros 9280 with this new laptop and no BIOS updates or modifcations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy