2 replies to this topic

paulisthebest3uk

paulisthebest3uk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Hello there,

I finally successfully installed MAC OS X86, on AMD motherboard ECS Elitegroup MCP61M-M3 using Ideneb 1.5.1

Works great, audio, ethernet, everything - but the internet seems a little slow for some reason, and its not in windows, maybe an ethernet issue?
Also the operating system is unusuable if i dont type in the command MAXMEM=4096 or MAXMEM=2048 at boot. I have 6 gigabytes of ddr3, any workaround does anyone know to utilitise all 6 gigabytes?

Other than that, it works great, if I remember correctly I had to use an IDE dvd rom reader to install, because I got still got waiting for root device with my sata DVD drive during installation.

Oh and all 4 cpu cores work on my AMD phenom, in osx86!

Other than the few issues, mac osx86 is great, and I type in this forum using it right now.

Oh and if you want to use onboard sound, use azilla for this motherboard, for some reason the others dont work.

:)

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
dsdt irq issue.

64 bit for more that 3.32 gb = 10.6.x

get a gigabyte intel board .. ive told u this many times in the chatroom.

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,548 posts
  • Interests:At home, I have the following computers......
    >
    >
    >

Also the operating system is unusuable if i dont type in the command MAXMEM=4096 or MAXMEM=2048 at boot. I have 6 gigabytes of ddr3, any workaround does anyone know to utilitise all 6 gigabytes?

Use Slashack's AppleNForceATA.kext which will allow you to use > 4GB RAM. And because of the nForce 430 chipset, your DVDRW needs to be a IDE (PATA) DVDRW jumper-set and connected to the MOBO as Master via an 80-wire IDE cable..... :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: maxmem

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy