7 replies to this topic

scorpnet

scorpnet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Ok so I know this is a newb question so bare with me please :D

I have been out of the game for a few years for sure, I remember the last build I used was one from 10.5, I can see lots have changed.
Well I just built a new rig, and was thinking of putting a build on a partition, however I cannot find any information on any build(s) I remember there used to be a topic that listed all the current build(s) and thier respected chipset type.. However I cannot find this information. I remember a few were
iAKTOS
iDeneb
etc
etc

I cant find any of the new ones out there, not even via my "source' to aquire.. So has something changed to aquire a build since I was last here or am I just stupid and am looking for the wrong thing ??

For those that are curious to the specs of the new rig there they are!

AMD FX 8120 3.1ghz 8 Core
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3 system-board
AMD RD9x0 Chipset
AMD SB910/950 southbridge
AMD ATI Radeon HD 6850 video card
8gb DDR3

Any help would be appreated, Thanks!

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,464 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
These days we don't use distros...what's recommended is a retail installation. Buy a retail 10.6 disc. I have a 10.6 guide in my signature. :)

Once you have Snow running, with your CPU it is possible to run Lion via an experimental kernel. :)

scorpnet

scorpnet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Thanks for the tip, Man a lot has changed. Retail discws never worked back when i was fiddeling with it haha.. but I do like that better. I shall get right on that!! Thanks for the Advice :D

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,464 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
You're welcome. :D

appleAMDx6

appleAMDx6

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

These days we don't use distros...what's recommended is a retail installation. Buy a retail 10.6 disc. I have a 10.6 guide in my signature. :)

Once you have Snow running, with your CPU it is possible to run Lion via an experimental kernel. :)

^ this...

Even though there are/were distros to use for Snow Leopard, the ability to use retail discs is a big step forward...

scorpnet if you run into some snags on the installation, let me know...I am on an AMD quad core and just trying to iron out a few things before getting everything right on my system...

scorpnet

scorpnet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Will do, Trying to get a retail Copy then I shall go from there Might make it out to the apple store today not sure yet lol

Is there a way to access the Apple App store on a windows platform ? Would rather buy it Digataly than go the the apple store lol!! Discs die quickly with me :(

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,464 posts
Only Lion comes from the App Store, not Snow. The only way you can get it on Windows is if you get OS X to work in VirtualBox/VMWare on Windows. :)

scorpnet

scorpnet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
So I have been slacking for awhile, but Now starting the project... Will let you know hahah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy