• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

CrazyELF

CrazyELF

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
I useing this card have full hdmi rez..thourgh dvi_Hdmi Dongle but is there a way to activate the Audio from it as well?
Run Os x 10.7.3
In widows 7 have fill rez and Audio through Hdmi so I know it suports it..
Thanks In advance

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

(~_~)

• Retired
  • 1,158 posts
  • Interests:(~_^)
You need to do a DSDT edit to get the audio enabled. I psted in some thread somewhere about it I'll try looking for it or if I give up finding it I'll direct you on how to get it working.

I have a the same gpu btw just a sapphire brand and hdmi audio works nicely.

kmisterk

kmisterk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Macs, PC's, Android, Technology in general.
If you are using a hdmi to DVI adapter, you can't use audio. Audio doesn't transmit through DVI.

CrazyELF

CrazyELF

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

kmisterk Thanks for your reply but I'll disregard it.

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

(~_~)

• Retired
  • 1,158 posts
Well what he says is true if you hook into a dvi adapter then it won't work out course but if it's straight hdmi to hdmi then you'll be fine

Here's the thread btw finally found it >.>

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=276732

kmisterk

kmisterk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Doing sine research, I found that some newer gpu cards do indeed have the ability to send sound through their DVI ports. I apologize for my uninformed statement. However, mac has yet to implement a gpu that allows this, and I haven't seen anyone getting this to work on an osx86 build yet. Might just have to play the waiting game.

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

(~_~)

• Retired
  • 1,158 posts
Via DVI you say? I never knew DVI had the capability of pushing audio as well as video in one signal I always thought it to be only able to send video but that could of course change with newer DVI technology. I personally like using hdmi because the cable is much slimmer than the DVI but that's totally personal preference.

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 2,994 posts
maybe via a switch DVI & audio ?

Posted Image

kmisterk

kmisterk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
It is some ati and nvidia cards that advertise the ability to  use a DVI to hdmi adapter to send audio through an hdmi cord to a tv/target that allows audio and video through hdmi. However, if you're not utilizing that adapter, it still is impossible to transmit sound through DVI using a DVI cord.

maybe via a switch DVI & audio ?

that's not exactly what they are trying to accomplish. That adapter/splitter utilizes two separate cords to transmit audio and video separately. The op is trying to figure out why sound isn't going through the adapter using a single cord while using Osx, when it works that way in windows.

Via DVI you say? I never knew DVI had the capability of pushing audio as well as video in one signal I always thought it to be only able to send video.

it certainly has more than enough separate connections in the cables to support full hd and up to 7.1 surround

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy