G73JH 10.6.3 installs, any update won't boot. Love some ideas.

g73jh

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Pchild

Pchild

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
I have a G73JH 1st best buy edition, i7, ATI 5870, 6gig of memory.

Using ######'s latest version 3.3.0, I cannot get 10.6.3, or 10.6.6 to even start the install disc (hangs at PCI Configuration).

Using ###### 3.x.x I can get it to load the 10.6.3 Disc.

I format, install OSX 10.6.3, it boots up. I can restart fresh install using the ###### disc unlimited times. I can install Chameleon, or Chimera and get it to boot just fine in 10.6.3.

Updating to 10.6.6, 10.6.7, or 10.6.8 the system will no longer boot (after the update, ######, chamelon, or chimera installs).

I've reformatted over 20 times now trying different options from ###### 3.10.1

Does anyone have suggestions on why I can't get it to boot after installing any of the updates?

Perhaps a G73JH owner can outline the process they are using?

I've tried these guides to the "T" with no luck.
http://www.insanelym...c=250668&st=120

Files link down in this one:
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=261326

Thanks

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
when u use hacked warez distros .. the files are patched to work. when u update the files are "un"patched by being replaced by updates.

best is to look for retail guide for your model.
also helps if your are using a dsdt.aml that is patched for your mainboard model.
if u post your dsdt i can give it a shot.

by the way i might need a winflash bios backup unrelated to this for someone in a forum that needs to flash bios in a programer.

aflash2 in usb dos i think can make a backup.. or do u have windows available on it for winflash to make a backup ?

Pchild

Pchild

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

when u use hacked warez distros .. the files are patched to work. when u update the files are "un"patched by being replaced by updates.

best is to look for retail guide for your model.
also helps if your are using a dsdt.aml that is patched for your mainboard model.
if u post your dsdt i can give it a shot.

by the way i might need a winflash bios backup unrelated to this for someone in a forum that needs to flash bios in a programer.

aflash2 in usb dos i think can make a backup.. or do u have windows available on it for winflash to make a backup ?

Thanks for teh reply. I was unable to sign in yesterday to reply.

I have a working Win 7 drive that I can swap in to boot win 7, but I'm not sure what a DSDT file is, or how to get it. If you have instructions I can get it for you.

I have Snow Leopard working 10.6.8 (shut down, sleep don't work) but reboot and everything else works fine.

I could only get it to boot using a modified Chimera boot loader that said "Prototype ATI support" or something to that effect. The latest Chamelon or Chimera versions won't boot.

When I try to upgrade to Lion using ###### I get the same error. "PCI configuration begin" then it freezes. I can't get into the installer screen.

Any suggestions?

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
yah its ati gaphics support .. beta. ( find out the revision of it so we can find more ati support)

run winflash so i can get the backup of bios file i need.

in windows to get dsdt use aida64 or DSDTEditor_Linux_Windows.zip 1.36MB
once u get it i can patch to get hpet and rtc and a few things working.
the ati im clueless..

Pchild

Pchild

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

yah its ati gaphics support .. beta. ( find out the revision of it so we can find more ati support)

run winflash so i can get the backup of bios file i need.

in windows to get dsdt use aida64 or DSDTEditor_Linux_Windows.zip 1.36MB
once u get it i can patch to get hpet and rtc and a few things working.
the ati im clueless..

I'll run that late tonight when I get home and get the kids in bed. I'm at work at the moment and I don't have my windows hard drive with me.

My ultimate goal when I started all this was to get Lion working on the laptop. I thought I had to have SL working 10.6.6 or higher. I honestly don't care about getting 10.6.8 working any better, I want to get Lion installed.

I purchased the update via the mac store, created the ###### drive, but i get the same error when trying to launch off the USB Drive. I'll make this it's own thread since the topic is for SL, not Lion.

I've tried everything I can find, from replacing kext on the thumb drive, and even attempting to boot 30 or 40 times with different modifiers, like npci=0x2000, or PCIRootUID=1, or 0... ect. Nothing will get past PCI Configuration Begin.

I'm quite sure it's the same issue that wouldn't allow me to boot in 10.6.6-10.6.8 with out the special Chameleon 2.0 RC5 R748 "ATI Experimental" boot loader.

That bootloader lets me boot SL, I wonder if some how we can disect that to apply it to the latest version of Chameleon that's on the ###### thumb drive?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: g73jh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy