Magic trackpad in ML not work but works in Lion?

kocoman

5 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Had a problem with Bluetooth Dongle Asus USB-BT21 - v2.0 + EDR. Doesn't work in ML 3 Build 12A193i but use to work OOB with all previous versions of SL, Lion, and ML.

Changed it to Belkin Mini Bluetooth Adapter - v2.1 + EDR and everything works OOB.

Still, before you go to buy new Bluetooth Dongle, check in System Preferences if you lost Bluetooth configuration option. If that is the case, the dongle is most likely your problem.

And of course, that may be a glitch in the current build of ML that will be fixed later. Or it may also happen that support for Asus Bluetooth or support for version 2.0 are gone forever from ML.

Correction: "Changed it to Belkin Mini Bluetooth Adapter - v2.1 + EDR and everything works OOB." -

Not everything works! After sleep, multitouch functionality is gone!

I believe there is a kext responsible for multitouch. They either changed it or for some reason doesn't get loaded after sleep.

After a full reset - everything is fine.

Correction 2: "Changed it to Belkin Mini Bluetooth Adapter - v2.1 + EDR and everything works OOB." -

After battery change I cannot connect trackpad to the system anymore!

There was a similar problem with Lion 10.7.2 that was resolved later with Chameleon setup (if I am not mistaken).

Cannot find the topic anymore.

Edited by Crna Brada

I'm using apple wireless keyboard.

Eventhough There's no Bluetooth configuration option in preference, and says "bluetooth not available"in menu bar,

It works fine,even it can wake up the system.

Asus p5k and cheap dongle with broadcom chip.

I don't have trackpad or wireless mouse.

I tested other pc with trackpad and wireless mouse.

It loses all the functions except click. but it could wake pc.

Edited by kdtt

• 2 months later...