iLife '11 Apps crashing on AMD

SmrtMouth

6 posts in this topic

Hello. I have a functional AMD Snow Leopard hackintosh (10.6.8) with working drivers and all (Full QE/CI, working sound, etc.). Most apps work without crashing with the exception of the iLife apps. GarageBand seems to be working without difficulty. iMovie works but I can't export any videos (it just crashes). iPhoto crashes right when I try to import photos. I have not tried iDVD but I don't plan on using it either. Is there something I need to patch to get them to stop crashing? Do they crash due to the lack of SSSE3 support in AMD's? Is there any fix? Does anyone else experience this problem? Please help, I am really frustrated. I really want to get iLife to work so I can introduce my little brother to video editing and music.

• 2 months later...

Please somebody help? I've been struggling with this for months to no avail. This happens with other apps too like Final Cut Pro X and Adobe Premiere Pro CS5. I have exactly 4GB RAM so I don't see why the apps are crashing. I'm using bootflags -force64 maxmem=4096 and a couple of others.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Hello. I have a functional AMD Snow Leopard hackintosh (10.6.8) with working drivers and all (Full QE/CI, working sound, etc.). Most apps work without crashing with the exception of the iLife apps. GarageBand seems to be working without difficulty. iMovie works but I can't export any videos (it just crashes). iPhoto crashes right when I try to import photos. I have not tried iDVD but I don't plan on using it either. Is there something I need to patch to get them to stop crashing? Do they crash due to the lack of SSSE3 support in AMD's? Is there any fix? Does anyone else experience this problem? Please help, I am really frustrated. I really want to get iLife to work so I can introduce my little brother to video editing and music.

I have exactly the same problem on AMD!