Z68ma-d2h-b3 SATA III SSD

Nanael

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I got my new SSD vertex 3 today, but I can't boot on my sata III port...

Chameleon is staying on a blackscreen (before the selection of the HDD) with /

If i use SATA II it's working well... But it's not so powerful than the SATA III ^^

Thx in advance

Hmm..... I have experienced this before, unlike you I got stuck when I plugged my time machine backup drive (was working fine before).

I was forced to format the drive to get it working. My time backup was plugged into a SATA2.0 port, and my motherboard was Sabertooth X58.

If you are out of idea, I think you could try the last resort -- format the SSD and reinstall it under SATA III.

ep45-ud3lr? Are you using a add on sata controller? Don't believe that board has sata3 built in. the intel southbridge handles all 6 and the gigabyte sata controler only controlls the IDE.

ahhh. bios settings all good, controller enabled and set for ahci? can you boot from sata2 port with another non-boot drive in sata3 port and get into OSX to see if it shows up? or try usb stick bootloader to see if you can at least get to chameleon gui and see drive there. Is the drive posting in bios on sata3? 3rdpartysata.kext may be needed later on depending on what controller it uses, but still too early for that.