Geforce 7300se 64-bit possible?

Millen1981

2 posts in this topic

I have an hacxkintosh that runs super perfect in 32 bit but not in 64 bit. If i boot in 64 bit it onle gets to a blue screen right before the desktop loads. I have tried with nvenablers and nvenabler64 and even with GraphicsEnabler=Yes but all i get is that blue screen. I can log in if i log on with safe boot then no blue screen appears and it works.

In 32 bit everything works. I know it has something to do with the card or something.

How can i run in 64 bit or do i have to boot in 32 bit. Is there something better with booting in 64 bit?

If its nothing special like performance gets better or something then i can 32 bit no problems but i was just curious why booting in 64 bit gets me the blue screen?

Any fix?

64-bit driver support for 7xxx series cards was removed in 10.6.3.

It works in 64-bit safe mode because it isn't loading the drivers for the video card. That's part of what makes it "safe".

The reason why you are worring about this at all is that Microsoft has blurred the lines by imposing artifical limitations on their various versions of Windows according to their marketing strategy. Of course Apple does that too, but they do it with their hardware, not their OS.

Thankfully, OS X is not like Windows:

When running in 32-bit kernel and drivers mode, employing a technology known as "Physical Address Extension", Snow Leopard can make use of up to 32GB RAM in total, each running process can use a maximum of 4GB RAM, and, the best part, you can run 64-bit applications!

Therefore - unless you have something that you think would perform better if it could have more than 4GB RAM all to itself - I wouldn't worry about it.