Black Screen on DP2

27 posts in this topic

I ran across something interesting when I tried the DP3 installer. Using myhack, it won't boot, just hangs after "DSMOS has arrived", however when I booted from the Chameleon installed on my HD (ErmaC r1926), then used that to boot the myHack USB drive, the installer booted!. It let me install, but now anytime I boot either the installer, or my install, I still only get as far as "DSMOS has arrived", even after upgrading to r1926 on the thumb drive and my HD, no matter how I try and boot either my HD or thumb drive. Was the installer ignoring the graphics kexts that one time, letting it boot, or just using the graphics kexts I had installed in Lion?

I ran across something interesting when I tried the DP3 installer. Using myhack, it won't boot, just hangs after "DSMOS has arrived", however when I booted from the Chameleon installed on my HD (ErmaC r1926), then used that to boot the myHack USB drive, the installer booted!. It let me install, but now anytime I boot either the installer, or my install, I still only get as far as "DSMOS has arrived", even after upgrading to r1926 on the thumb drive and my HD, no matter how I try and boot either my HD or thumb drive. Was the installer ignoring the graphics kexts that one time, letting it boot, or just using the graphics kexts I had installed in Lion?

see my first 2 posts here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=278278 don't have your extra folder files or chameleon on 2 drives, i.e thumb drive and previous install. Also if needed use -x or UseKernelCache=no to boot.