Qosmio X500 - 2 DSDT's - 2 problems!

mtek

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've got a Qosmio X500 that is running almost perfect as an hackintosh (on 10.7.3) using someone else's DSDT.aml. Since I can't compile my own - lots of errors (201 more specifically!).

So I've been using that other DSDL.aml. It runs like a charm (recognizes bluetooth, firewire, memory card) BUT has a big issue in the CPU area: it only recognizes 2 cores (instead of 4 cores this CPU has). So the performance suffers...and I loose some 2000 points in Geekbench for instance... icon_e_sad.gif

If I run without any DSDT the CPU and cores are correctly recognized and the performance is at full level.

Meanwhile I've come across someone else's qosmio X500 DSDT.aml that I've tried and this were my conclusions:

- CPU & cores correctly recognized - full performance as without any DSDT

- Sadly no bluetooth working - can't use my beloved magic trackpad. icon_e_sad.gif

So I sen here attached both these DSDTS, and was hoping for someone opinion on how to fix the CPU (Cores) issue on the DSDT that has that 'small' issue if possible.

Many thanks for any help on this. icon_e_smile.gif

Alex

attach in zip files. easy fix . ill fix the buetooth,firewire one that has cpu issues with example of cpu working dsdt

Many thanks for your help, but I've managed to do exactly that, comparing the CPU sections of both DSDT's I've noticed that on the "2 core only" DSDT there were missing several processors description so I just added the extra lines and voila everything perfect!

Here's what I added to make it work:

Scope (_PR)

{

Processor (CPU0, 0x00, 0x00001010, 0x06) {}

Processor (CPU1, 0x01, 0x00001010, 0x06) {}

Processor (CPU2, 0x02, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}

Processor (CPU3, 0x03, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}

Processor (CPU4, 0x04, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}

Processor (CPU5, 0x05, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}

Processor (CPU6, 0x06, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}

Processor (CPU7, 0x07, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}

So now everything's working perfectly - except for sleep (using sleep enabler.kext) - it goes to sleep correctly but when it wakes up the screen keeps black. :(

410?? they should be 1010

try booting with

-v DarkWake=1

Thaks for the tip - I've added remaining processor info from the other DSDT (with all the CPU's working) and I didn't notice that 'detail'. Now they're all 1010, although to be honest I haven't really noticed any difference - performance wise or in stability with either 410 or 1010.

Could you please explain me as a newbie what do those numbers influence? Would appreciate it. :)

I've tried to boot with -v DarkWake=1 - unfortunately it stayed the same - just dark screen after waking-up. :( I guess I'd probably have to have some kind of fix for that issue on my DSDT.

I send attached my current & updated working DSDL.aml for fellow Qosmio X500 (& X505 I reckon) users. Hope it can be helpful. :)

DSDT+AppleHDA.zip