my uid is 1000, but i cant i rw osx

Acro_Design

7 posts in this topic

i have been thinking about the clear advantages of using a .nix system on a small partition as a way to maintain/recover osx a last resort as i am still learning single user mode.

heres the thing. i have my osx volume mounted and my uid matches my osx uid so why cant i get permissions?

even remount force rw doesn't do the trick?

yes i have googled it, however various documentation refers to 10.4.x im on 10.6.x

im using Ubuntu natty narwhal at the moment.

any help much apreciated

Log in as root then you can manipulate the permissions and usage of anything in your file system or file. If you are already logged in, you can issue the command: "su -" then enter the root password and you should be on your way. (Note: that is "su minus sign" at the command prompt without the quotation marks.)

i thought it might be something like that, i tried gksudo nautilus which sort of worked, but your way is preferred, i will give it a try, as soon as i get home from my job interview with apple today! sorry im really excited i just wanted to share.

thank you and all the admins here, your the only users who actually help me round here anymore.

• Like 2

Wow! That is great! Good luck with the interview. Every time I have worked with Apple, their employees have always been first class. Apple must be a good company to work for.

fos

• Like 1

oh thank you so much, i think it well of course i cant actually talk about it because i had to sign a legal contract. but i can say this, there is a very good reason why apple employees are first class. its quite interesting but i am not allowed to talk about it :). that was my first ever interview for my first ever job.

• Like 1