[Guide] Asus P8Z68 Deluxe

buoo

132 posts in this topic

Hi Chumnick :)

The base frequency of our i7-2600K is 1.6 GHz and the highest normal (non-turbo) frequency is 3.4 GHz. 38,37,36,35 are the turbo frequencies for core (i.e. 38 = 3800Mhz). If you wish you can use different limits, for example if you wanna overclock your CPU you can increase the values.

Hi, I'm using the Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Gen3, and wanted to know where I could get a DSDT or if I could use the same Bios patch that you're using.? I found this website http://bios4asus.blogspot.in/ which allows me to download a patched Bios for the Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Gen3, but I dont know if I need an SSDT or DSDT? Infact, to be honest I don't know the difference between SSDT and DSDT..

Thanks for all help.. :thumbsup_anim:

• 2 weeks later...

Buoo,

Have you patched your 3203 bios yet? I just successfuly did just that, but i now need a new dsdt though i was told by dhp girl that all i need is a tiny ssdt with chameleon. So was wondering if there is a guise on how to make one?

thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

hi buoo

Please..why in my kern log have this message ?

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement: Turbo Ratios EEEE

This is a normal?

CPUPM Turbo ratios are in hex, base multipler + offset, 10=A,11=B,12=C etc so E = 14. If your base ratio is 35 then all your turbo ratios are set to 49 EEEE.

Thanks David, I forgot to Activate the TRIM support :)

I've never used trimenabler but just a perl command line, now I can tell you that It works with 10.7.4 too.

Open the Terminal, type the following command and rebuild the kernel cache.

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x41\x50\x50\x4C\x45\x20\x53\x53\x44|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00|g' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

@edit

Today morning I've patched the last 3304 BIOS version but I haven't flashed yet.

Stay tuned for updates. ^^

SpeedStep works good in my case. 10.7.4

Install this one to fix the missing SMC key

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR $Num kSMCKeyNotFound(0×84) fKeyHashTable=0×0

FakeSMC.kext.zip

Installing that fakesmc kext causes my system to KP on boot with 'Key not found' error and multiple displays of the cpu cores. I mean I get that SMCreadkeyaction error before but I could still boot. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

BTW: I tried to replace the fakesmc kext with one from MB and it still KP even after I updated the bad FakeSMC File. Anyideas?