4 replies to this topic

LoL.Moose

LoL.Moose

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey guys!

So I've been running into a problem when trying to boot up into iATKOS S3 v2 (See my system specs in my sig) using the ISO Image I burned onto a DVD. But I keep getting "Still waiting for root device" I even tried booting up using "-v rd=disk0", still no luck. Any idea how to fix this? Probably something to do with AppleNForceATA kext?

Thanks! :D

Screenshot:

Posted Image

AndreoPL

AndreoPL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I think, you must enable ACHI mode on bios

LoL.Moose

LoL.Moose

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I think, you must enable ACHI mode on bios

My bios doesn't have that option :/ I pretty much tried every flag and bios setting, even turning off firewire.

PisToV

PisToV

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i was have same problem with ASUS M2N and iatkos leopard , board dosent have AHCI option

u can fix it by intalling leohazard 10.6.0 , only this distro was working on ASUS M2N motherboard
also aways boot with -v busratio=20 cpus=1

RobinSchouten

RobinSchouten

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
This works (also nForce):

I've had a hard time getting past that ''Still waiting for root device''. It seems to be a problem with some AMD chipsets, specifically the 7xx. Almost all the OSX distros I used resulted in the same message.

After a lot of time spent getting past that message, I finally bumped into something on the internet. A boot CD called Hack OS X boot, made by a brazilian OSX86 team for use with AMD (and Atom). All you have to do is burn it on a disk and boot into it. You will end up at a bootloader. This is where you swap your Hack OS X boot cd with a Snow Leopard retail (or something like iAtkos, but I don't recommend that as it might produce another problem, namely: getting stuck at PCI configuration begin). Now press F5 to refresh the bootloader and boot the Snow Leopard retail disk.

Here the (direct) link to the Bootcd: hackosx.com.br.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy