[GUIDE] Lenovo ThinkPad T510/510i (plus T410 and W510) 10.6-10.7-10.8-10.9 all working OK! 2013.11.12 Update

joshhh

499 posts in this topic

For the life of me i cannot get this to boot to the installer, once the apple logo shows it boot loops. I have tried several dsdt's and cannot get to the installer whatsoever.

I have attempted 10.9.2 and 10.8.5 vanilla installs with multiple boot flags but nothing seems to work. I updated the BIOS to the latest i'm starting to pull my hair out.

T510 Model 4384Y1K

i5 2.4gz/4gb ram /w Quadro NVS 3100m

maybe try cpus=1 or graphicsenabler=no

With Ludacrisvp's DSDT I get sleep and backlight working, but I cannot seem to keep the fan from running constantly.

Is that something to do with SpeedStep, and if so, how to get that working?

This is getting closer to being perfect... just a little more and it will be my daily machine :)

My speed step works from 1.2ghz up to 3.2ghz.

My laptop is always running pretty warm in general and even in win7 it's always running it's fan. I wouldn't trust a laptop to not run it's fans.

If you need vtx enabled for running VMs I've got a newer dsdt that I can upload I accidentally had it off when I made the first one.

try remove the Gaphics Kext from USBInstaller , ATI* NVDA* AMD* AppleIntelHD*, you have a Extra folder in USBIInstaller, FakeSMC.kext in S/L/E ?

-f -v -x npci=0x2000 cpus=1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got everything working (memory execution needs to be turned on in BIOS).

Sound/Sleep/Backlight/Battery all work great! Also running 10.9.3

added some kext's for sound/battery on 10.9.3

also side note if you are running myHack.kext remove this. It has some older kext's in it that seemed to cause issues with upgrading. 

T510 10.9.3.zip

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. I need help for choosing and installing kexts and dsdt files.

I already installed osx 10.9.3 via MyHack and extras from this post. OSX starts great, also QE/CI seems to work. But when i shutdown the Laptop, all lights go off but the fan never stops. What could be the reason for failure of shutdown process?

What kexts i need to install for NVIDA grafic or is it nativ working?

Brightness controlls react by pressing "pause" or "scroll down" but the display doesn't change brightness?

I think I must use an other kext. Which kext could work? Or is it related by dsdt?

Thanks in advance.

Hello. I need help for choosing and installing kexts and dsdt files.

I already installed osx 10.9.3 via MyHack and extras from this post. OSX starts great, also QE/CI seems to work. But when i shutdown the Laptop, all lights go off but the fan never stops. What could be the reason for failure of shutdown process?

What kexts i need to install for NVIDA grafic or is it nativ working?

Brightness controlls react by pressing "pause" or "scroll down" but the display doesn't change brightness?

I think I must use an other kext. Which kext could work? Or is it related by dsdt?

Thanks in advance.

Go here. Select the dsdt that's right for you specs. Should be the second link on the bottom.

• Like 1

OK, thanks i took the one for 256 MB NVS. Now it shutdown right but unfortunatally the brightness keys doesn't work. "Pause" do nothing yust disply brightnesslevel and "scroll" decreases the brightness level but the display still leave at full brightness.After using these buttons the touchpad chrashs and dont't work anymore.

What I have to do with the "*.dsl" file?

I think my installed kext for keyboard and tauchpad isn't compatible for that dsdt from linked post.

Do you know which one is the right?

Thanks. 

I tried the kext for 10.8 from 1st post. Now brightness and touchpad working fine. but sound with speaker or headphone doesn't work. Any ideas?

What kext do you have for audio? Patched AppleHDA or VoodooHDA?

Does it appear in preferences?

i have the applehda. I found an addition for the chameleon boot plist with hda enabler=yes. Know sound works over headset and speaker. 

3 things left for fully working hackbook. Dou you know an vodoosdhc.kext for the integrated sd card reader. I think i read a post a few days ago in any forum but i cannot find it again.

In this thread i found one for t510 but it doesnt work, maybe it is another reader type.

2nd i have to check displayport, hdmi, and vga output.

and at last BT. I thought the book has build in BT, but there is no detected. Is there any way to check the connected hardware, also if its not osx compatible.

i have the applehda. I found an addition for the chameleon boot plist with hda enabler=yes. Know sound works over headset and speaker. 

3 things left for fully working hackbook. Dou you know an vodoosdhc.kext for the integrated sd card reader. I think i read a post a few days ago in any forum but i cannot find it again.

In this thread i found one for t510 but it doesnt work, maybe it is another reader type.

2nd i have to check displayport, hdmi, and vga output.

and at last BT. I thought the book has build in BT, but there is no detected. Is there any way to check the connected hardware, also if its not osx compatible.

I have a T410s which doesn't have the SD card reader so can't test that. VoodooSDHC works for some systems, you could try it, just add in your device/Vendor ID. Check here.

You can find you dev/ven ID by running lspci -nn from the terminal. The utility is available if you use myHack to do your build.

I use appleSmartBatteryManager. It works better. I noticed that there is a BT doughtier card integrated to the t410.its not detected in osx. Some Members got BT working. What kind of BT Card does they have? Do you know an kext for this BT doughtiercard of lenovo? 

I'm on a T510, working great now.  

Bulletproof operations make this a real workhorse machine.

Internal LCD, sleep, backlight after sleep, etc. all working well.  

Speedstep is properly working according to HWMonitor.

Other than the card reader (no great loss), with one minor thing, this laptop would be a true HackBook Pro...

The external VGA and/or DisplayPort out - using as extended desktop, would be amazing.  

Is this possible with the Intel only graphics model?  I don't have nVidia.

• 5 months later...

Hey folks, I am new here and wanted to ask a few questions.

I installed Niresh's Mavericks yesterday on my W510 - it took a lot of work but I finally got there.  I kept having issues with booting the installer - it seemed hit and miss.  Anyway, it is installed now but I am not happy with using a third party distro as I don't really know what might be in it, so now I know I can run Mavericks on my W510 I want to do it from scratch.

Couple of problems I noticed with the current installation:

1.  No WiFi - I am thinking of buying the Acer USB-N10 today to deal with this first annoyance, they are cheap locally and I read on this thread they work with Mavericks

2.  Doesn't shutdown properly - when I shutdown the W510 yesterday, the fans kept spinning, I had to manually power off the laptop before they would stop.

Now I am completely new to this although I have almost 20 years experience of Unix/Linux so I am hoping that will help.  I was thinking it would probably be a good idea to start with the guide on installing Mountain Lion so I can get to grips with setting up the build platform and doing a manual install - is this the recommended method?  Then I suppose I can just follow the guide on here for updating to Mavericks using the app from the App Store?

Is everything apart from WiFi working with W510 now if I use the files from this thread?  I was surprised to see the webcam works out of the box with Niresh install.

One thing I have not seen mentioned here or anywhere else is addon batteries.  I have one of these http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/itemdetails/0A36304/460/D91DC49376D94C4690E7BA925BCE90CA slice batteries which attaches to the bottom of the W510 - will this work with OS X?

Thanks in advance for any replies and thanks for this informative thread (it is huge).  If anyone has any W510 specific advise for me, I am all ear/eyes or whatever you say for an online forum ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes i managed to install yosemite :)

Watch my guide here : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304814-guide-install-yosemite-on-lenovo-t410-step-by-step/

I installed Niresh's Mavericks yesterday on my W510 - it took a lot of work but I finally got there.  I kept having issues with booting the installer - it seemed hit and miss.  Anyway, it is installed now but I am not happy with using a third party distro as I don't really know what might be in it, so now I know I can run Mavericks on my W510 I want to do it from scratch.

Couple of problems I noticed with the current installation:

1.  No WiFi - I am thinking of buying the Acer USB-N10 today to deal with this first annoyance, they are cheap locally and I read on this thread they work with Mavericks

2.  Doesn't shutdown properly - when I shutdown the W510 yesterday, the fans kept spinning, I had to manually power off the laptop before they would stop.

We dont support distros i suppose BUT you can try one of the dsdt files. They will fix it (For me)

• Like 1

Yes i managed to install yosemite :)

Watch my guide here : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304814-guide-install-yosemite-on-lenovo-t410-step-by-step/

We dont support distros i suppose BUT you can try one of the dsdt files. They will fix it (For me)

Great !! :)

have a look here

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285678-lenovo-thinkpad-t420-with-uefi-only/page-84,

you'll find tluck clover how to :)

you'll find very interesting information :) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i have a W510 and i can't install any MAC OS X (10.8.4 +10.9.5 +10.10.2) by clover with file downloaded in #1 this threat. Can everyone help me to install and kext full for my laptop on 1 in 3 OSX under? Thank all very much!

• 2 months later...

i have a W510 and i can't install any MAC OS X (10.8.4 +10.9.5 +10.10.2) by clover with file downloaded in #1 this threat. Can everyone help me to install and kext full for my laptop on 1 in 3 OSX under? Thank all very much!

Welcome to the forum,

Create 3 partitions and install each OSX version to them ( I have to ask me whyyy ). But anyways continue with installing Clover to the EFI partition of the drive like seen in my thread. After that you will put my DSDT in the supposed direction and you will install wichever kexts you want in S/L/E.

Have fun

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I need to install OSX on a Thinkpad T510: http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:T510

It has a Intel® Core™ i5 processor i5-520M (2.40 GHz) with dual core, Intel HD Graphics, ThinkPad 11b/g/n Wireless LAN Mini-PCI Express Adapter II (Realtek RTL8192SE / RTL8188CE), etc.

I worked through a lot of general OSX El Capitan install tutorials but I never got to the install stage (with all kinds of errors). Is it impossible to install 10.11 on my T510?

Can somebody help me? Maybe with a minimal tutorial (just a config.plist and a kext-archive). Then I create the USB stick, replace the Clover config.plist and copy the kexts to Clover's 10.11 kext folder.

Cheers,

sb