[GUIDE] Lenovo ThinkPad T510/510i (plus T410 and W510) 10.6-10.7-10.8-10.9 all working OK! 2013.11.12 Update

lenovo lion t510 osx mountain lion

• Please log in to reply
465 replies to this topic

Mr.Pham

Mr.Pham

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

i install dsdt and kext follow this guide but my w510 stuck at PCI configuration beginning.

Someone can help me solve this

Mr.Pham

Mr.Pham

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

anybody can upload patch dsdt seperate for w510, i use dsdt.aml on this topic and pci configuration is beginning

Jappiman

Jappiman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

I am almost sure that my crashes were related to the audio kext in my T410, I am using the one from http://www.insanelym...cx20585-ml-108/ (download) and I get no Sound Assertion messages.

I can also confirm that those kexts are working in mavericks (I had to upgrade consecutively until DP8, as installing the combo update directly gave me problems with the nvidia graphics cards).

Finally I got a perfect mac laptop! I had to buy another motherboard, as my graphics card died on my old one (and still had crashes on this one, so it wasn't the graphics card crashing the system)  :(

The only thing that I'm looking to improve in my laptop is cooling, I think the laptop gets quite hot easily, I'm going to install a new heatsink, but maybe the power management and fan control could be improved, if I get any improvements, I'll share here.

viloulo

viloulo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Hello Joshhh.

I know this forum is for the ThinkPad, but would you be willing to help me in creating an AppleHDA.kext for my Lenovo Ideapad z460?

My Codec is the Conexant cx20585, and its vendor id is 14f1_5069. It does not show when I run System Info.app (not System Information), the only thing I can see is the Audio Controller (vendor id 8086_3b56). I really appreciate your help.

I am attaching a Linux codec dump and a Vanilla dsdt.aml I extracted using Ubuntu 12.04 ok?

Thank You!!

Attached Files

viloulo

viloulo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Try to find or make live CD/Flash Windows XP or Win7 and flash bios from it.

Hello Joshhh.

Would you mind taking a look at post #394 when you get a chance?

Thank you kindly.

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

@viloulo

- your codec is very close to the on the T420 it is CX20590. 

see my post             #161             on what i did.

i dont know if you can fake it out by just telling OSX that it has a CX20590 (in the DSDT) and use the T420 AppleHDA?

you should be able to modify the AppleHDA.kext i created by changing your codec id from 14F1506E (mine) to 14F15069 (yours).

you need change AppleHDA binary, Layout12.xml.zlib and your DSDT to match. 

VoodooHDA may be an option too?

viloulo

viloulo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

@viloulo

- your codec is very close to the on the T420 it is CX20590. 

see my post             #161             on what i did.

i dont know if you can fake it out by just telling OSX that it has a CX20590 (in the DSDT) and use the T420 AppleHDA?

you should be able to modify the AppleHDA.kext i created by changing your codec id from 14F1506E (mine) to 14F15069 (yours).

you need change AppleHDA binary, Layout12.xml.zlib and your DSDT to match. 

VoodooHDA may be an option too?

Hi tluck.

I will download your files and give it a go to see what happens. But from what I'd been reading this past week, it seems that some peoplle have managed to get the cx20585 working via DSDT edits.

I do realize VoodooHDA is an option, but due to the occasional KPs, I am gonna try to get AppleHDA to work. We'll see... 

But anyway, thanks for the heads up. I'll post the results after I try your kext. Cheers!

Erdbeeere

Erdbeeere

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

I've installed Mavericks last night on my T510 with unib**** and the package from here for 10.8. FakeSMC was used from the multibe**** installer, all other kext was installed by kext wizard and the other small configurations by Chameleon Wizard. It is important that you boot with "-v -x npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes".

joshualevy

joshualevy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi Guys, I am a bit stuck and would really appreciate your help.

I have successfully installed OS X Mavericks and 10.8.5 on T410 with Intel HD graphics. I am unable to control the screen brightness with DSDT installed. Without DSDT from this forum on page 1, the brightness control works but audio doesn't work.

With DSDT, the audio works but brightness control doesn't work...

Any idea how to control the screen brightness with DSDT ?

Many thanks

Joshua

krustybr

krustybr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello there,

I´ve just entered to the hackintosh world and community and this forum is simply awesome.

I have installed Mavericks on my Lenovo Thinkpad W510 and followed this guide and other ones.

The only things that I can not make work or are functioning differently from the original set:

• slash forward key (i cant enter the forwarded slash)
  • Brightness Control after loading OS X. (it does work, but it stops at the logon screen

Findings and unusual functioning.

I also noticed that system information shows the correct nvidia card. I can not play games though. Counter Strike for instance, it takes a lot for mouse response besides poor graphic acceleration (lagging)

Overall, the system is warmer than usual and the fan speed seems to be slower than the original config set.

Not working at all: wi-fi as stated. Im getting a Atheros card as advised.

I hope anyone could point me for these solutions as it has been nearly impossible to use de original keyboard because of heating and the missing slashforward key.

Thank you very much for this guide.

krustybr

krustybr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Shalom folks!

I'v got completely working solution for sound at T510/T410 + T520/W520(with different bin patch)

What we got
-sound autodetection speakers-headphones
-internal mic
-external mic with combo port as line in

to use headphones+external mic you need to use headset like iPhone use or any other phone with 4 pin TRRS mini-jack connector

also to get it working you should use some patch for HDEF dsdt section

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
				{
					Store (Package (0x0E)
						{
							"AAPL,slot-name",
							Buffer (0x09)
							{
								"Built in"
							},
							"device-id",
							Buffer (0x04)
							{
								0x69, 0x50, 0xF1, 0x14
							},
							"layout-id",
							Buffer (0x04)
							{
								0x6E, 0x50, 0x00, 0x00
							},
							"model",
							Buffer (0x1A)
							{
								"HD Audio Conexant Cx20585"
							},
							"name",
							Buffer (0x11)
							{
								"Conexant Cx20585"
							},
							"device_type",
							Buffer (0x11)
							{
								"Audio Controller"
							},
//							 "hda-gfx",
//							 Buffer (0x0A)
//							 {
//								 "onboard-1"
//							 },
							"PinConfigurations",
							Buffer (One)
							{
								0x00
							}
						}, Local0)
					DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
					Return (Local0)
				}

Then install next with updated dsdt and reboot

T520/420/W520 machines should patch my next with your codec IDs

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x69\x50\xf1\x14|\x6e\x50\xf1\x14|g' AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

Good luck

This was the only solution that worked for my W510.

Thank you very much. I hope I can make everything works so that I can share an specific W510 guide.

Cheers

styrian

styrian

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

For your keyboard try to copy the attached keyboard layout in Library/Keyboard Layouts and then repair permissions. Reboot with flags -f -v and chose in System Preferences this keyboard with preffered language. I hope for you, that you get the forwardslash with it working.

Have fun.

Attached Files

joshhh

joshhh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Mavericks Installation from Install OS X Mavericks.app

1. Prepare USB flash drive or HDD-SSD Partition for OS X Installer

For USB Flash - format it with options GUID, HFS+ Journaled

For HDD-SDD partition, disk should be GUID, format partition as HFS+ Journaled. In this case we need 2 partitions: Installer partition and target partition for installed OS X.

2. Prepare Installer

Open Install OS X Mavericks.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg. Restore OS X Install ESD/BaseSystem.dmg to USB Flash or Installer partition on HDD-SSD

Copy folder OS X Install ESD/Packages to Flash or Partition into /System/Installation/ with overwrite.

Extract mach_kernel from /System/Installation/Packages/BaseSystemBinaries.pkg with Pacifist tool.

3. Install bootloader and kexts

For USB Flash: install Clover boot loader and necessary kexts into System/Library/Extensions. FakeSMC required for first Installer boot.

For Installer HDD-SSD partition: install necessary kexts into System/Library/Extensions

4. Boot Installer with ignored kextcache and Install Mavericks to selected partition

5. Reboot to working system and install necessary kexts to Installed 10.9 partition

6. Boot Installed and configured Mavericks

Kexts

You can use AppleACPIPlatform.kext and AppleHDA.kext from previous OS X versions

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and AppleRTC can be patched with Clover boot loader while boot

Attached File  DSDT.aml.zip.png   40.08KB   98 downloads

You can use FakeSMC, IntelE1000e, VoodooBattery, VoodooPS2Controller and system monitoring kexts as is without modifications

Files

Mavericks in Appstore

Latest Clover

Clover Configuration Converter to convert clover config from versions 1xxx to 2xxx

Older kexts and dsdt

PS: Since I've sold my T510 this summer I no longer can test OS X on this hardware, but initial DP builds of Mavericks worked fine on it. So final version should too.

jerrywilborn

jerrywilborn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

I have entirely too much time on my hands...

xZ0MUlE.png

alabamas

alabamas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

This guide Is perfect also for thinkpad t410s (Intel HD) ,except for some dsdt modifications.

I'm attaching my all working config in case someone needs it.It includes

Fan readings and control,

Lpc loading (very cool temps with fan at the lowest level)

Sleep

Usb after sleep working

Brightness control

Atheros 9825 fix 

applehda,etc..

Also there is a perfectly calibrated Color profile

All the kexts go to /System/Library/Extensions 

OS X Mavericks

Attached Files

KasperNL

KasperNL

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

My Lenovo T410s has an Intel Centrino Advanced 6200 a/b/g/n WiFi adapter which seems unsupported in Mavericks (works fine in Win7 dual boot).

I read that I need to replace it with another WiFI card which does work, so I bought an Broadcom BCM94322HM8L card on eBay, which is half-size and also supports a/b/g/n.

My question is, on this forum I read that I might need a modded / unlocked bios to be able to install this WiFi card.

I don't see a modded BIOS for download for my model (T410s), or is this the same as the T410? And another thing is that my current (original) BIOS version is newer than the modded-one listed for download.

I currently have version 1.44, while the modded / unlocked version for the T410 (without 's') is only 1.43.

Has anybody a unlocked BIOS version 1.44 (or higher) for the T410s?

alabamas

alabamas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

My Lenovo T410s has an Intel Centrino Advanced 6200 a/b/g/n WiFi adapter which seems unsupported in Mavericks (works fine in Win7 dual boot).

I read that I need to replace it with another WiFI card which does work, so I bought an Broadcom BCM94322HM8L card on eBay, which is half-size and also supports a/b/g/n.

My question is, on this forum I read that I might need a modded / unlocked bios to be able to install this WiFi card.

I don't see a modded BIOS for download for my model (T410s), or is this the same as the T410? And another thing is that my current (original) BIOS version is newer than the modded-one listed for download.

I currently have version 1.44, while the modded / unlocked version for the T410 (without 's') is only 1.43.

Has anybody a unlocked BIOS version 1.44 (or higher) for the T410s?

Hi,have a look here http://forums.mydigi...ll=1#post669700

this worked for me

patwoods

patwoods

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Nothing but trouble here.  I have installed multiple times with no luck for Mavericks.  Any help is appreciated - I keep getting stuck at an ACPI error in the boot process.

I have a T510, model 5384VCJ using Clover, installed fine using a thumbdrive.  At one point in time this machine was running about 90% good using Lion, but I got crazy and thought i could clean install Mavericks and have it work with few issues.

No matter what combo of minimal kexts (just FakeSMC, or using all of the provided kexts from the main thread), I cannot get past the ACPI error "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\"..... (etc.) no matter what boot flags I use in either Clover (installed to the drive) or if I try to boot using a thumbdrive with Chameleon on it as well.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  From the first posts it looked like this is a slam-dunk install or at least slam-dunk to get started.  I must have skipped a step...?

Seas Cookson

Seas Cookson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Try these, its my ACPI folder and config.plist, got mavericks working perfectly on my T510.

Attached Files

patwoods

patwoods

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Thanks, Seas - that got me further, past the ACPI issue.  

Still having issues with it coming up to the desktop.  I'm going to try a few more things here, then I'm going to clean-install Mavericks all over again, and try from scratch I guess.

It boots then stops but with no more kernel panics.  I am assuming it's fully loaded to the desktop but something is preventing it from displaying.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lenovo, lion, t510, osx, mountain lion

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy