Preinstall 10.9 & 10.8 reboot loop

keoken16

7 posts in this topic

For the last few days i've been attempting to install OSX 10.9 on my T510 Model 4384Y1K i5 2.4gz/4gb ram /w Quadro NVS 3100m.

I have been using this guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/274218-guide-lenovo-thinkpad-t510510i-plus-t410-and-w510-106-107-108-109-all-working-ok-20131112-update/

Here's the Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7-M60M68PA&feature=youtu.be

I have tried booting from USB flash drive (10.9.2/10.8) a retail ISO (10.8) and directly from the HDD (10.7/10.8/10.9.2). I can never get it to boot the installer just boot loops. 

I've used a combination of Several boot-loaders. 

My bios is not hacked but updated to the newest ver. 

I'm at a loss here as to why it will not boot. 

Any Ideas?

Try removing the NVDAXXXX extensions from the USB installer.  These laptops appear to be a little finicky in their video drivers and detection.

Where in the process does it loop?  Can you see where it ends when you boot verbose?  (-v) ?

Try removing the NVDAXXXX extensions from the USB installer.  These laptops appear to be a little finicky in their video drivers and detection.

Where in the process does it loop?  Can you see where it ends when you boot verbose?  (-v) ?

Removed all NVDA from S/L/E

I was able to capture a ss from a video.

post-1345505-0-78050500-1399944959_thumb.jpg

when i run -v i never get the apple logo just instant reboot.

First, delete all Graphics kexts from USBInstaller NVDA* ATI* AMD* GeForce* AppleIntelHD*, then change your smbios to MacBookPro6,1, then install al kext from Extra/Extensions to S/L/E of your USBInstaller, then boot with this flag, be sure that FakeSMC.kext is present

-f -v -x npci=0x2000 dart=0 cpus=1

First, delete all Graphics kexts from USBInstaller NVDA* ATI* AMD* GeForce* AppleIntelHD*, then change your smbios to MacBookPro6,1, then install al kext from Extra/Extensions to S/L/E of your USBInstaller, then boot with this flag, be sure that FakeSMC.kext is present

Obviously, also make sure you fix any permissions on the S/L/E folder after adding or removing anything... :)

No change removed all of them and ran the command.

Obviously, also make sure you fix any permissions on the S/L/E folder after adding or removing anything... :)

Good tip i ran myFix full to repair all permissions.

I have attached my full S/L/E file list and my Extras kext's 

I did NOT add any additional kext's to S/L/E (using myHack) since they included FakeSMC. I did however add josh's smbios.plist (Lenovo-T510-10.8-GM-Install.zip)

S:L:E.txt

extras.txt

I just realized that I gave up on the USB installer on this machine and instead put the HD onto a real Mac and installed Mavericks from there. Then I tweaked the HD to remove the extensions... I never got the installer to work as I kept getting garbage on the screen . Not sure if that's an option for you but that might make life easier?