Can OS X dual boot w/ XP and read xp hard drives

bigdbag

5 posts in this topic

Actually the Mac installer does not support Sata HDD on the nForce chipset..either u'll have to get a PATA HDD or u needa switch to the Intel Chipset based motherboard..like 945, 965, 975...

I guess that helps ur problem..

I'm not sure if this would work. If my OS X is installed onto a separate ata drive, is it possible for the fully natively installed version of OS X to read the other hard drive in my computer, which is a sata? My specs are listed in my sig.

When my rig (part of my sig below) was up i had OSX on my ATA drive, and then had my SATA drive with my files on em seen by OSX. Ive seen some good fixes for NForce SATA setups, search for em ehere, or google em. It may get you going. And once you get OSX to see your SATA then you can read NTFS drives, and read/write to FAT drives/partitions.

• 1 month later...
The only way to do that is to turn on windows file sharing, change workgroup if you have a different workgroup, and access your account from windows. That'll allow you to read/write files to osx. I can describe the steps if anyone wants to know.

Thanks Gama, but we are talking about accessing a Windows XP partition (NTFS) from within OSX86, not through a network.

NTFS partitions can only be read (not written to) under OSX.

For that the Windows partition needs to be FAT32.

Rayan