{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

Post Install

now you need This Post Install Folder LINK

Follow this steps to finish .

- Put PostInstall Folder on Desktop .

- Copy to PostInstall Folder the EFI folder you made before from Flash Memory .

- Edit config.plist to disable auto kext injection 

14794167768_6f74166ef4_o.jpg

- if you want to do Customisations below do them on CustomPeripheral.kext that on PostInstall Folder before next step .

- now open Terminal and type this command .

cd ~/Desktop/PostInstall 

then 

sudo ./PostInstall.sh 

- then copy all kexts on postinstall folder to /system/Library/Extensions and .... layout12 & platforms files to AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources 

- After Finishing Run kext Utility then  Restart

- Boot from UEFI Flash Memory

- there is small icon of clover called Clover Boot Option 

7NVh3v.png

- from it add clover as boot option 

SSWi2H.png

- Now shutdown your notebook remove flash memory and power on , you will see clover and Enjoy .

N.B.

- about OS X upcoming updates just update nothing needed after you update all will work don't worry  about that !.

- about reinstalling on future you just need to restore app to flash memory only as on vedio no need to do refi folder again 

and after setup just install kext to system/library/extensions and .zlib files to resources folder of applehda.kext then rebuild caches only !.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customisations

if you like to make your notebook accessories act like on real MacBook Pro

you can follow this part :)

• card reader ---> use CustomPeripheral kext and edit info.plist with your card pro id and ven id
    edit idproduct &idvender under Any_Internal_SD_Card_Reader_1_00 Fake Apple Card Reader SBC Inject Fake Apple Card Reader UMC Inject Fake Apple Card Reader Interface Fake Apple Card Reader Device
  • 14792721920_585bdd7b6e_o.jpg

• Webcam to act Like on MacBook Pro 8.x
    edit CustomPeripheral kext --> edit idproduct &idvender under the three Fake Built-in FaceTime HD Camera Device entry .

14976399211_ec57ec8483_o.jpg

• DVD Drive to act like apple shipping drive
    use CustomPeripheral kext and edit the
    Product Identification & Vendor Identification with your DVD Drive info .
    14979488675_215d71ca29_o.jpg

how to get your your device idproduct & idvender ?

first go to system profiler --> USB --> go to usb device that you want to customize it --> you will find vender id and product id -- > take them one by one to caclculator --> on calculator use programmer mode --> then paste numder of id on (16) mode then convert it to (10) mode you will get new number that we need on kexts and do other ids like this .

• Like 11

Problems & Solutions

• for VGA connector you need to boot OS X with the VGA cable connected , or connect cable enter sleep then wake up, or use SwitchResX tool.
  • about artifact and freezes if you have  refer here LINK Start read from here ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credits

this work is done by many of shares :)

• thanks for florin9doi for his work on unlocking our bios and his work on alps touchpad.
  • clover developers .
  • fakesmc with plugins from kozlek and pervious developer.
  • voodoops2controller thanks to voodoo team and more development from rehabman & more from radu.m.toader .
  • special thanks for timewalker75a for his general help on fixing problem and quoted from his some idea about auto patching of applehda by clover & collecting customisation on one kext :)
  • thanks for maropr as he worked on getting disabling nvidia card possible
  • thanks for temp for his discovery of vga connector code
  • thanks for bcc9 for his work on connector info also on fixing still waiting for root problem since Mlion
  • about bios mode thanks for florin9doi , androdev & jkbuha on past
  • thanks for andyvand for customisation files
  • ssdt-4 files extracted from HP Probook Installer 4 pkg
  • atheros bluetooth firmware loader by mac4mat
  • thanks for nanotech for artefact fix

thanks for all and sorry if i forget any one :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updates

• you can update os x with out problem or warrior about losing audio or any function
  • to reinstall you just need to type command to restore  installer to usb flash memory as on video then restart and press space on usb flash memory on clover gui and choose load with caches and injected kext

• Like 14

UEFI Clover 

Needs 

1- latest hacked bios from Florin9doi find it here

2-you will repartition  your HDD  to GPT 

3-addiatinal USB memory

you will follow pre install as on guide

* during setup *

repartition HDD  use GPT  

if you wants windows and os x on same HDD

make first partition as FAT32 this for windows

second one for os x 

Third  for your data

then you can shut down and start setuping windows on first partition

and then after finishing windows install  OS X  on second partition

-------

if your HDD  was partition with GPT from first you can start from here

------

after finish setup os x 

now we will format efi partition 

open terminal and type 

sudo -s

then type your password

then type

newfs_msdos -v EFI /dev/disk0s1

then type 

mkdir /Volumes/EFI
mount_msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI

now you will see efi paratition  on finder open it 

-----

now we will prepare your efi folder to put it  on it 

download this EFI Folder 

and as on main guide we will do some changes according to your hardware

if you have nvidia card don't change dsdt or config.plist

if you have AMD card use this dsdt and config Have AMD.zip

if you have only intel gfx card use this dsdt and config Have No nVidia.zip

config.plist will be replaced on EFI/CLOVER

DSDT.aml will be replaced on EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

and add your serial generated by chameleon wizard to config.plist under SMBIOS > SerialNumber

also replace ssdt-4 of your CPU on EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

after finishing edit to efi folder

copy it to EFI partitation

and follow this steps as on main guide

• Go to System/Library/Extensions and delete AppleHDA.kext , AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext .
  • Copy all kexts on Extensions folder on Post Install folder to System/Library/Extensions .
  • If you will do customisations below do it before copying kexts to System/Library/Extensions .
  • Now run Kext Utility .
  • Setup HWSensors .

-----

now we need new flash memory format it to fat32

and put on it this efi folder

now restart with the new flash memory connected to notebook and press f12

and choose UEFI from usb device 

you will get screen like this

post-378955-0-70260100-1393019870_thumb.png

choose icon marked by read on pic

and add entry for clover

then shutdown and remove usb device

and turn on notebook you now should  auto enter to clover guy  :)

choose os x to boot os x

to boot windows 

shutdown and press f12 and choose hard disk drive you will boot windows

------

this guide just trial for whom need this urgently 

• Like 5

Hi Mohamed Khairy,thanks for this topic :D

I also have n5110 and running 10.7.2(all works fine,thanks for this forum ) But I have one little problem with screen brightness

After boot it 50-60% but after sleep it 100%

It is possible to fix this little bug

sorry for my english

Hi Mohamed Khairy,thanks for this topic :P

I also have n5110 and running 10.7.2(all works fine,thanks for this forum ) But I have one little problem with screen brightness

After boot it 50-60% but after sleep it 100%

It is possible to fix this little bug

sorry for my english

use n5110 patch i linked on topic made by madlon

it control brightness by bulging ac adaptor it works fine for me :D

i did as you said , and the sound worked , as for the webcam , it works in windows , in mac , it can't be detected either by FaceTime , photo booth or an online webcam capture website

as for disabling the nvidia card , i can't this device called GFX0 or DGPU , so what i can do ?

Thanks Mohamed for this topic.

I've just found a program to disable/enable either one or both cards: http://codykrieger.com/gfxCardStatus

It helps but it doesn't solve the problem I have with my connectors (kernel log attached). I already tried to edit them on my part and I have also used Mohamed's modified kext but no luck. With this program instead of hanging every 5 secs, it hangs every 11 mins . Better than nothing. :P

Edit: Finally it also hangs but in another way everytime I load something (finder, safari, ...). When it freezes I can't do anything but reboot. :-( I have to downgrade to 10.7.1 as the new kexts related to hd 3000 make my hackintosh unusable. I hope someone will find a solution.

Kernel_log.rar

use n5110 patch i linked on topic made by madlon

it control brightness by bulging ac adaptor it works fine for me :)

Do you mean this patch from Inspiron 15R N5110.txt patch ?(I have all this patches in my dsdt)

Device (PNLF)
	{
		Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))
		Name (_CID, "backlight")
		Name (_UID, 0x0A)
		Name (_STA, 0x0B)
	}
}

It already present in my dsdt and I can change brightness from system preferences

But after sleep screen is more bright than after boot,maybe it's only in my case(N5110Hi2310X3C500BSCDSblack)

Thanks Mohamed for this topic.

I've just found a program to disable/enable either one or both cards: http://codykrieger.com/gfxCardStatus

It helps but it doesn't solve the problem I have with my connectors (kernel log attached). I already tried to edit them on my part and I have also used Mohamed's modified kext but no luck. With this program instead of hanging every 5 secs, it hangs every 11 mins . Better than nothing. :unsure:

Edit: Finally it also hangs but in another way everytime I load something (finder, safari, ...). When it freezes I can't do anything but reboot. :-( I have to downgrade to 10.7.1 as the new kexts related to hd 3000 make my hackintosh unusable. I hope someone will find a solution.

this program nearly useless as it depend on prsence of mixer switch

for you did you use smbios macbookpro 8.1

also try new fresh install and use kexts i linked :)

something new i found it about optimus

intel hd graphics is connected only to internal laptop screen lvds and vga connector

and nvidia card do processing only for this connectors and intel card do rendering this when use nvidia optimums

so under mac osx driver we only can use intel for this two connectors

but HDMI has nearly only connection from nvidia card need conformation thanks for hisho for helping me as he has hdmi display

if we conformed that hdmi rendering is by nvidia i think we have hope to make nvidia card work when using hdmi so the two cards will work at the same time

Do you mean this patch from Inspiron 15R N5110.txt patch ?(I have all this patches in my dsdt)

Device (PNLF)
	{
		Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))
		Name (_CID, "backlight")
		Name (_UID, 0x0A)
		Name (_STA, 0x0B)
	}
}

It already present in my dsdt and I can change brightness from system preferences

But after sleep screen is more bright than after boot,maybe it's only in my case(N5110Hi2310X3C500BSCDSblack)

you are right screen is brighter after sleep more than after boot

may be the driver problem