• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Veritas1

Veritas1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a hackintosh (see specs below) that I have Snow Leopard on that runs great. However, when I try to install Lion I can't get past the apple logo on the install start up.

I have tried the -v and it always gets stuck on "Beginning PCI Configuration" or something to that effect.

I have tried Kakewalk, IAKTos, and ##### install methods to no avail.

If anyone could help that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!

GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD4-B3 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3
EVGA 01G-P3-1372-TR GeForce GTX 460
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,123 posts
There's a sticky post right here in this forum titled "PCI Configuration Begin".

Veritas1

Veritas1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have tried -kernel flag npci=0x2000 -v -x -cpu=1

The only change I get when I try them (which I have tried different cominations of them) is it goes to a point where is tells my system uptime in Milliseconds but still will not boot into the installer screen.

kklumz

kklumz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I tried kernel boot flag: -v -f cpus=2 npci=0x2000

and it booted for me. It took awhile and seem like it kernel panic, but I waited and it was able to boot. After Lion install and restart. I installed ##### with PCI Configuration Fix

bigpoppa206

bigpoppa206

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Most likely at that stage of the boot startup, its a problem with a graphics driver. Seems like a lot of folks who had flawless SL installs are experiencing that.

Veritas1

Veritas1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Most likely at that stage of the boot startup, its a problem with a graphics driver. Seems like a lot of folks who had flawless SL installs are experiencing that.

I have tried swapping my video card with my old Geforce 9800+ which worked like a charm in my old rig with Lion and I still get the same issue.

I tried kernel boot flag: -v -f cpus=2 npci=0x2000

and it booted for me. It took awhile and seem like it kernel panic, but I waited and it was able to boot. After Lion install and restart. I installed ##### with PCI Configuration Fix

Okay so I tried this and I got further then ever before but not it hangs on "waiting for root device"

Attached Files

Veritas1

Veritas1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Even though the picture doesn't show it, it keeps saying "can't find root device" and it scrolls that

dolgar

dolgar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Have you tried to place the HDD where you have installed Lion in first place in boot order? perhaps changin Disk type to a different type would do too, AHCI... etc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy