I've got it fully working in 64bit mode with official ASUS BIOS; retail 10.7 App add nVidia GT2100 S
Her is how I did it:
First make sure your 10.6.8 is fully working like I described in 10.6.8 STEP BY STEP GUIDE
Purchase OS X Lion from the Mac App Store
1. Boot into your existing Snow Leopard installation.
2. Download the OS X Lion App directly from the Mac App Store
3. Click Continue.
4. Target your currently booted Snow Leopard drive and hit Install. This will not install new OS X nor affect your 10.6.x in any way. It will only extract necessary files.
5. Click Restart to reboot.
Prepare the Installer Partition
1. Boot into your Snow Leopard installation.
2. Open /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility
3. Highlight your Snow Leopard drive in left column.
4. Choose the Partition tab, and Click the + to Add a Partition.
5. Name the secondary partition Installer, make sure it's at least 8 GB and click Apply.
6. Click Partition.
7. Close Disk Utility
1. Download xMove [ unsupported due to the rules of this community I accept & agree with ]
2. Double-Click xMove, and choose Installer as Destination.
WARNING: DO NOT choose existing Snow Leopard as Destination!
Do not interrupt this process, it will only take a few minutes. When done, you'll have a secondary partition on your drive containing the OS X Lion Installer!
Boot Installer & Install OS X Lion
1. Reboot and at boot-loader menu choose "Installer"
2. Machine shod boot to Mac OS X Installer screen.
3. Install OS X Lion to an empty drive or partition.
I strongly suggest to instal LION on separate partition so if anything goes wrong You always can easily switch back to Snow. Skip "#####" crap, it's obsolete.
You will also need RealtekRTL81xx-0_0_90.pkg for your onboard LAN so put it on a USB key
Onboard audio will not work OOB and VoodooHDA will cause KP if your VGA has a HDMI so best way is to buy Terratec Aureon dual usb. It works OOB
But, if You have no choice, onboard audio works with edited VoodooHDA 2.7.2 info.plist and deleted AppleHDA.kext You may also want to edit Localizable.strings to get rid of "no built in audio" crap.
insert this in to WoodooHDA.kext info.plist
nVidia users, edit stock NVDANV50Hal.kext just as in 10.6.8
reboot, hit F8 to switch boot partition and if everything works fine, use 10.5.5 combo update
Don't use auto update, download combo, backup your edited kext's install combo, don't reboot, reinstall or reedit your kext's then reboot.
If you want to go WiFi I recommend Ralink based USB device They support almost all OS X versions and it works just fine.
If you have problems with internal card reader:
Boot your 10.x.x and wait until is fully operational (HDD led stopped blinking)
Insert a CF card (nothing happens )
Open PC case and disconnect internal USB card reader
Wait a few seconds and reconnect it (be careful not to make a short, internal connectors aren't idiot proof)
Voila! Card reader works! (at least it worked in my case)
I've tested this with reboot, sleep and shut down with or without CF card inserted during boot and it worked every time on both partitions ( I have Lion and Snow in dual boot mode)
ADVICE: Don't pull CF or any other card nor USB thumb drive out in sleep mode!
Enjoy and don't worry, Your mouse isn't broken, LION reversed scrolling!
You may want to read this post http://www.insanelym...nge-boot-delay/
If you use attached .cmo file check all settings to fit your configuration before exiting BIOS
There is an Easteregg under full screen logo boot option
Finally, why stop here? Go all the way and install PUMA CONCOLOR 10.8.2
Steve, R.I.P. With all due respect, I still don't want your hardware, just your software!
* this HOW TO is subject to change without notice. If you need support send a PM and I'll do my best to help you.