Why do you guys keep saying IM is dying?

8 posts in this topic

I have been here for 3 years, it seems the same as it always has.

You guys need to cheer up, IM is a great place, I dont feel its dying.

We members of staff feel the same. We are always trying to improve the user experience, even if sometimes it takes a while before the difference becomes apparent.

I already wrote my opinion about this subject here

I as a newbie on this forum don't think IM is dying, everyday I see new threads and I learn new things from threads that are there already for a while. It has been (and still is) a great resource for me, at least the 1,5 years I'm running OS X on my hackintosh now.

People are still willing to help each other out and there is still development going on. Maybe there are not as much new things coming through as in the earlier days, but keep in mind that a lot of progress has been made by the community already. Also Mac OS is getting more 'standardised' which makes it easier to solve problems more quickly and people not having the urge to improve what is already working perfect ;)

I've been on various forums the last 11 years, and they always followed the same way. Most of the times it seems dead, but if you look close enough you'll see there is still a lot going on (in a positive way).

So keep up the good work guys!

Oh btw, noobs that ask for easy solutions and not willing to try out things themselves will always be there, no matter what. Try to push them in the right direction a bit or feel free to ignore them, I would say.

• Like 1

Very good, Noisema. You pretty much summarize the very best approach to understanding and using this forum.

I am back to an Intel motherboard after 2 and a half years and I am learning everything about installing Lion on it here.

Funny enough the problem I can't solve is how to have sound in Windows 7 :)

Yea, I tried installing OSX86 a few years ago and it was much more difficult. There were far more problems I was having.

Now however, I have 2 installs working almost 100% (except for sleep, which I haven't got around to fixing) with no issues that haven't already been solved.

When there's no problems to be solved - there's not much to post about.

• 1 month later...

honestly i think this forum is a good thing. much information one can use.

i am getting to know the whole hackintosh stuff for a year now.

i think not everybody who seems to be posting is looking for an easy solution. i have been putting in weeks to get my todaies system where it is, but still if post a new threat it seems to be ignored.

any ideas why?

as far as the dying-thing, i think i am not in here for long enough to speak of the old days so i got no clue.

over