- HD3000 graphics interface with full QE/CI (requires DSDT edit; may only necessary for 1600x900 resolution)
- Display Port (including conversion to DVI and HDMI with audio)
- VGA Port (with patch http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1822063)
Audio (VoodooHDA) -- does not auto switch between internal and external speakers, also install VoodooHDA.prefpane to control PCM boost volume and enable SSE2 for better quality (repeat after every reboot, or use VoodooHDASettingsLoader to restore)
- Audio (mod AppleHDA + mod dsdt)
- Camera (native)
- Keyboard, trackpad, and nub (VoodooPS2+ThinkpadUltraNav)
- USB ports (dsdt edits)
- LAN interface (AppleIntelE1000e)
- Bluetooth (native)
- Speedstep (requires AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement bin patch)
- Sleep (requires USB power levels edit in dsdt)
- 8Gb RAM
- Wireless N via USB (AWLL5088 http://www.amazon.co...duct/B003X26PMO)
- Wireless N via replacement WLAN card (I'm using the Dell 1510)
- CD/DVD drive read and write
- Wireless card (Thinkpad branded, Realtek 8192CE -- unlikely to ever work, I replaced the wireless card instead)
- Function keys (e.g., brightness via Fn-Home and Fn-End keys, see below for alternative)
- More than two fingers on the touchpad
- SD Card reader (no drivers)
- eSATA port (unknown)
HDMI audio Nub mouse [working] VGA port (requires patch to AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB) CMOS error on boot (only minor annoyance, no functional difference -- i haven't tried the fix in post #11, fixed in newer versions of that installer package I seem unable to mention here)
- Installed OS X 10.7 per Tony's procedure in his blog. Important: drive must be formatted as MBR or it won't boot and the installer must be patched to allow installation to MBR. (possible alternative: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=266514)
- Place user edited dsdt.aml on desktop (for Multibeaste installation)
- Used Multibeaste to load various kexts (see below, even if you use a different installer)
- Added various other kexts (list below)
- Bin patched AppleIntelCPUPM and add -allowAppleCPUPM to boot flags (also delete SleepEnabler.kext)
- Patch AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB according to http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1822063 (or use patched version below, if it matches your system 10.7.3 and 7.8.11)
- User DSDT Install
- System utilities (rebuild caches/repair utilities)
Audio – VoodooHDA 0.2.7.3 (I prefer to move this out of /S/L/E and load it manually after boot via kextload, since sometimes it KP's when it loads, the fix when it does seems to be to clear the kext caches. Make sure you've deleted AppleHDA.kext or are using my new DSDT and rebooted before loading VoodooHDA or it will KP!)
- Networking - hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet
- Miscellaneous - FakeSMC and Plugins, AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset, and flAked SpeedStepper
- Bootloaders - Chimera v1.9.2
- System Definition – Macbook Pro 8,1
- Themes - whatever you want
- VoodooPS2 (delete /S/L/E/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Plugins/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext after installation to make multi-touch work, replace /S/L/E/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Plugins/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext with ThinkpadUltraNav.kext from post #3 to get nub to work)
- Explanation of all changes now posted: http://www.insanelym...4
- Audio (HDEF):
- USB (EHC1/EHC2): enables more reliable detection of EHCI drivers and allows sleep
- Display (VID): enables QE/CI (add DualLink property)
- Brightness control enabled in Display Settings (PNLF). I then bound up/down to PrtSc/ScrLk to give me back keyboard control.
- Advanced ACPI features enabled (might not do anything, but doesn't seem to hurt)
- Fan and Temperature information
- I have wireless successfully working with a Dell 1510 WLAN card (the Dell 1520 I tried first refused to work) purchased for really cheap on ebay
- Requires BIOS hack to remove whitelist. Link to the BIOS installer package that I applied successfully is below (ran using my 64 bit Windows 7 dual boot). I saw mentioned that you should first install that specific version of BIOS from the manufacturer, so I recommend running that first
- With edited DSDT, replace your AppleHDA with patched download from http://www.mediafire...ey7744p264ord1q
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=258611 (AppleIntelCPUPM bin patch)
http://sites.google....-fixs-dicas-etc (various helpful dsdt fixes)
http://www.kexts.com/ (for extra kexts)
http://forum.voodoop...s.org/index.php (VoodooProject -- now retired)
http://forums.mydigi...ll=1#post489534 (for T420 BIOS mod)
http://support.lenov...?DocID=DS018785 (for OEM bios, see table at bottom of page for older versions)
http://www.insanelym...4 (detailed information on DSDT edits)
----- EDIT 10/23/2011 ------
- Nub and display port working and added a few other clarifications.
- In System Information, I have 1 processor and 2 cores listed. I assume this is either an artifact of the MacBookPro8,1 definition or hyperthreading. However, Activity Monitor shows 4 cores.
- I dual boot Windows 7 from a second hard drive without issue (except of course bios time). The only annoying thing was I had to reinstall Windows with a BIOS bootloader on an MBR partition (instead of the default EFI / GUID) to get it to work from Chimera and VMware.
- Sometimes my backlight doesn't come on after sleep (I can see the screen if I shine a really bright light on it at an angle). Putting it back to sleep (requires typing my password then hitting Fn-F4) and then waking it up again cures it.
----- EDIT 11/29/2011 ------
- Updated to 10.7.2 without problems. I booted without VoodooHDA and with NullCPU before installing to minimize potential conflict.
- Modified BIOS to allow 3rd party wireless card
----- EDIT 1/10/2012 ------
- Minor summary updates for newer versions of ######
----- EDIT 2/1/2012 ------
- Attached DSDT is now from Mald0n (from his post below). Should be better for switchable graphics, otherwise they are pretty much identical.
----- EDIT 2/29/2012 ------
- Newer BIOS's appear to have graphics glitches with this DSDT. If you are applying my DSDT to your system, you will probably need to install a BIOS similar to that which I am using (links above for OEM and wireless-hack bios).
----- EDIT 5/18/2012 ------
- Updated for 10.7.3
- Added link to detailed information on my DSDT changes (http://www.insanelym...4)
- Added fan speed and temperature readout
----- EDIT 5/21/2012 ------
- VGA output fixed!!!!!
- Audio driver fixed!
- HDMI with audio now working
----- EDIT 8/21/2012 ------
- Altered title to reflect recent comments that ML works, I haven't had time to test any of these.
- There are reports in recent comments that eSATA and Card Reader can be made to work as well
### My system is a T420, 4177-CTO, 2.7Ghz Core i7-2620M with Integrated Graphics (HD3000), 14.0 HD+ (1600 X 900) LED, THINKPADB/G/N wireless. I do not have Optimus Switchable Graphics. ###
Edited by Manwe150, 22 August 2012 - 12:09 AM.