• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

meltman

meltman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
How much would you pay for one? I'd consider selling the mountain mods one in this thread for the right price.

Blah101

Blah101

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
Although I too am interested in purchasing your case (I cant' offer a price at the moment because I may be able to get my hands on a case in the near future), I have a different question. How did you setup your PSU so that you could plug it in through the rear port? I looks really clean!

topsub

topsub

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
This looks very clean. good job. I also would like to know how you ended up moutning your PSU to the top? Also how did you end up mounting the Mountain Mod Mobo tray to the case? Did you use J/b weld or something?

meltman

meltman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Although I too am interested in purchasing your case (I cant' offer a price at the moment because I may be able to get my hands on a case in the near future), I have a different question. How did you setup your PSU so that you could plug it in through the rear port? I looks really clean!

I cut a power cord so there is a short "jumper" that plugs into the power supply.

This looks very clean. good job. I also would like to know how you ended up moutning your PSU to the top? Also how did you end up mounting the Mountain Mod Mobo tray to the case? Did you use J/b weld or something?

The short stock standoffs are

perfect

height to hold up the motherboard tray! I popped the long ones out with pliers. I used the stock motherboard screws to bolt the mountain mods tray to the stock short standoffs in the case.

My case uses NO glue or epoxy or any other "ductape mods".

topsub

topsub

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

I cut a power cord so there is a short "jumper" that plugs into the power supply.

perfect

height to hold up the motherboard tray! I popped the long ones out with pliers. I used the stock motherboard screws to bolt the mountain mods tray to the stock short standoffs in the case.

Nice to know, I stripped my case yesterday but didn't pop off anything yet until i get the mobo tray in from mountain mods.

Blah101

Blah101

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

perfect

Would you by chance have a step by step guide on how to make that? I would really like to.

EDIT: The jumper that is.

meltman

meltman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Would you by chance have a step by step guide on how to make that? I would really like to.

EDIT: The jumper that is.

Step1: Get a power cord
Step2: Cut power cord with scissors to the desired length
Step3: Solder the 3 wires from the cut power cord to the IEC socket receptacle you bought.
Step4: Plug your jumper cord into your power supply inside the case

Kevin Pham

Kevin Pham

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
How did you attach your G5 HD caddy to the steel on top of it? I'm actually trying to think up several solutions right now.

Kevin Pham

Kevin Pham

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I figured out a pretty easy solution. I'll post it later tonight!

topsub

topsub

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

I figured out a pretty easy solution. I'll post it later tonight!

please do post.

Kevin Pham

Kevin Pham

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

please do post.

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=276564

Pretty much, I drilled three holes into the steel plate for the optical, then three holes into the steel part of the HD caddy. I got a 8-32 x 1" coupler and screwed them in from both sides.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy