Hackintosh on a Lenovo G570...Can it be done?

SeanNicholls

12 posts in this topic

Hi, I want to upgrade to a new Lenovo G570 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004TQQFJG/ref=asc_df_B004TQQFJG4294634?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B004TQQFJG)

I just want to know if it's possible to run Snow Leopard or Lion on it?

If its possible, please can you let me know what distro to use, and how to install.

Thanks eveyone! I appreciate your help!

Hi, finally I bought a Lenovo G570 laptop (core i3-2310M, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB Hard Drive). I can install Lion with this distro http://www.demonoid.me/files/details/2722428/005030173688/. At the end of installation works the following: native resolution with full QE/CI, trackpad (multi touch gestures not), keyboard, camera. Until now I don’t have time to fix the following: LAN, WLAN, Sound. If I can fix these, I will report.

Szokolov

Ps.: Sorry for my English.

Hi, finally I bought a Lenovo G570 laptop (core i3-2310M, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB Hard Drive). I can install Lion with this distro http://www.demonoid.me/files/details/2722428/005030173688/. At the end of installation works the following: native resolution with full QE/CI, trackpad (multi touch gestures not), keyboard, camera. Until now I don’t have time to fix the following: LAN, WLAN, Sound. If I can fix these, I will report.

Szokolov

Ps.: Sorry for my English.

Hi Szokolov

Thanks for telling me that it kind of works! Is the system running ok with no crashes?

Thanks, Sean.

PS, your English was good!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sean,

sorry for my late answer. Finally I have installed Lion with Mald0n method with some minor changes: First, I make a bootable USB drive based on the description of Mald0n (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256729). After that I copied the following kext to the USB Extra/Extensions directory: FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext. I have boot from USB with –v option, connected a USB mouse when the installer said and run DiskUtility. I have partition the hard disk, made one 50 Gb HFS with name Lion, one 50 Gb FAT with name WIN7 and the rest was FAT with name DOC. I have set the GUID partition table and installed Lion to the partition named Lion. After installation done, restart and booted with the USB stick with –v option. When OS said I have connect a USB keyboard (after the first boot this and the USB mouse not necessary).

- LAN: I have put the AtherosL1cEthernet.kext (http://iats.googlecode.com/files/build_x64_20100425.zip) to S/L/E (E/E doesn’t work for me). I have use KextUtility to repair the permissions. Reboot. After reboot I have set the Ethernet connection and run OS update to update 10.7.1.

- WLAN: I have put (168c,2b) to the /S/L/E/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros21.kext/Contents/Info.plist, Kextutility and reboot.

- Touchpad: I have put these two kext (http://www.mediafire.com/?zyznqm5nnhd) in S/L/E to enable a two finger scrolling (unfortunately until now I can’t set the three finger gestures).

- Audio: I have put VoodooHDA.kext to S/L/E, use KextUtility and reboot. After reboot I can used Fn+RightArrow and Fn+LeftArrow to adjust the volume.

Until now I can’t managed the sleep (SleepEnabler.kext doesn’t work for me) and I can’t change the LCD brightness with Fn+UpArrow and Fn+DownArrow (temporary solution: Shades). I have no tried yet the HDMI connection. And the most important I can’t boot without the USB stick. I have tried installing the different versions of Chameleon but the result is same “boot0: error”. I have read this about different forums, maybe the solution is that convert partition table GUID to MBR but I didn’t have tried this. (In my desktop computer I have two hard disk one for Windows and the other for OSX, and the second drive has a GUID partition table and I can boot the OSX with Chameleon.)

To solve these problems maybe I have to make a DSDT.aml (but I have no idea how. I have to read the forum studiously…).

And finally to answer your question, yes, the system is stable with no crashes. Accidentally (about with every tenth or twentieth boot) there are errors in the screen (I don’t know how can I say in English) there are lines and squares in the screen with different shapes and colors. When I log out or reboot they disappears and everything OK.

So, that’s all. If you have any experience or can make working the nonworking part please share your experiences.

Szokolov

• 1 month later...
Hi Sean,

sorry for my late answer. Finally I have installed Lion with Mald0n method with some minor changes: First, I make a bootable USB drive based on the description of Mald0n (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256729). After that I copied the following kext to the USB Extra/Extensions directory: FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext. I have boot from USB with –v option, connected a USB mouse when the installer said and run DiskUtility. I have partition the hard disk, made one 50 Gb HFS with name Lion, one 50 Gb FAT with name WIN7 and the rest was FAT with name DOC. I have set the GUID partition table and installed Lion to the partition named Lion. After installation done, restart and booted with the USB stick with –v option. When OS said I have connect a USB keyboard (after the first boot this and the USB mouse not necessary).

- LAN: I have put the AtherosL1cEthernet.kext (http://iats.googlecode.com/files/build_x64_20100425.zip) to S/L/E (E/E doesn’t work for me). I have use KextUtility to repair the permissions. Reboot. After reboot I have set the Ethernet connection and run OS update to update 10.7.1.

- WLAN: I have put (168c,2b) to the /S/L/E/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros21.kext/Contents/Info.plist, Kextutility and reboot.

- Touchpad: I have put these two kext (http://www.mediafire.com/?zyznqm5nnhd) in S/L/E to enable a two finger scrolling (unfortunately until now I can’t set the three finger gestures).

- Audio: I have put VoodooHDA.kext to S/L/E, use KextUtility and reboot. After reboot I can used Fn+RightArrow and Fn+LeftArrow to adjust the volume.

Until now I can’t managed the sleep (SleepEnabler.kext doesn’t work for me) and I can’t change the LCD brightness with Fn+UpArrow and Fn+DownArrow (temporary solution: Shades). I have no tried yet the HDMI connection. And the most important I can’t boot without the USB stick. I have tried installing the different versions of Chameleon but the result is same “boot0: error”. I have read this about different forums, maybe the solution is that convert partition table GUID to MBR but I didn’t have tried this. (In my desktop computer I have two hard disk one for Windows and the other for OSX, and the second drive has a GUID partition table and I can boot the OSX with Chameleon.)

To solve these problems maybe I have to make a DSDT.aml (but I have no idea how. I have to read the forum studiously…).

And finally to answer your question, yes, the system is stable with no crashes. Accidentally (about with every tenth or twentieth boot) there are errors in the screen (I don’t know how can I say in English) there are lines and squares in the screen with different shapes and colors. When I log out or reboot they disappears and everything OK.

So, that’s all. If you have any experience or can make working the nonworking part please share your experiences.

Szokolov

Hi, i'm thinking about install osx on mi G570, any progress here? HDMI, VGA out? booting without the pendrive?

Thank you (i'm totally new at this hackintosh thing)

Hi, i'm thinking about install osx on mi G570, any progress here? HDMI, VGA out? booting without the pendrive?

Thank you (i'm totally new at this hackintosh thing)

Hi,

in this weekend I will try the HDMI out, and I will write out the result. The boot working fine with pendrive so I don't care for this.

Szokolov

• 3 months later...

I have the Lenovo G570 as well, I used iATKOS L2 restored to a USB stick to install from.

First of all I installed to an external USB drive for testing.

Once most of the basic stuff worked (Graphics, Audio, Wifi, Ethernet, etc) I then created space on my internal drive with GParted and used Carbon Copy Cloner to move the install to there.

I also initially had the Boot0: Error using either Chameloen or Chimera installed various different ways (Btw, I'm dual booting with the original OEM install of Win7) so in the end I used Chain0 + BCD edit. Both OS's boot fine now without the need for USB booting.

Currently NOT working on my Lion install is the SD Card reader (tbh, I haven't even tried to get this to work yet), VGA out does not work, HDMI works in so much as I can display to my TV but the audio does not switch. For some reason I am having difficulty getting VoodooBattery.Kext to work, no one else appears to be having issues so I'm not sure why it's not working? Trackpad scrolling is working but not multi-touch.

My Atheros AR9825 Wireless card will only get an IP address if the router is set to 802.11b/g, apparently this is a known issue.

• 4 months later...

Hey that boot error I believe is related to the newer drives having a different boot sector size and you have to use terminal to manually put the boot flag on it dd if=/Volumes/"yourVolumeName"/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=dev/disk0s2 the solutions floating out there check the istall guides for the HP 4530s there are probably some fixes you can borrow from it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi, y'all!

I would like to buy the G570 laptop especially to use OSX but I’ve read in a lot of places that the left hinge breaks off after sometime of use So I just wanted to know how if your units has served you all this time

cheers,

whyzee