Sleep on G31M-Es2l

mr_han_solo

20 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have lion installed, but I can't get sleep working. I have used both sleep enabler (newest version), and sleepenablerNG in my S/L/E directory. I will then restart. Upon restart I will put the system to sleep. Once its asleep I move the mouse to wake it up. The computer restarts and goes through its POST. Then a screen comes up that says, "CMOS checksum error" and I have to select different profiles. I also have NullCPUPowerManagement present in my extensions folder. I was wondering what I need to do next to try to get sleep working with my setup.

Okay, I have downloaded DSDT and selected my motherboard. I selected Extract from System. When it hit patch I get this error:

20:21:30: Errors persisted all fixing tentatives, please post this log at olarila.com forums

[[Line 272 type Error message Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.PX40.AG3E)], [Line 278 type Error message Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.PX40.AG3E)], [Line 3946 type Error message Name already exists in scope (_DSM)], [Line 4301 type Error message Object not found or not accessible from scope (PCI0.EXPL)], [Line 4303 type Error message Object is not accessible from this scope (_HID)], [Line 4304 type Error message Object is not accessible from this scope (_UID)], [Line 4305 type Error message Object is not accessible from this scope (_CRS)], [Line 4307 type Error message Object is not accessible from this scope (BUF0)], [Line 4314 type Error message Object is not accessible from this scope (BUF0)]]

20:21:30: Aborted, compilation failed

send me DSDT

run on terminal

perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while(<CMD>) { chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=<([^>]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP, "|xxd -r -p > ~/Desktop/dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

your DSDT is edited

use Auto-Patcher in original DSDT, only

Do not use DSDT from other computer, in many cases even if the mobo and BIOS version are the same, the amount of memory, number of used memory slots, etc. can cause problems.

If you are using the Mac OS version of DSDT Auto-Patcher, do NOT use a DSDT replacement in Chameleon when you run the app, or it will be used as base for patching instead of the original one from BIOS. If you have a dsdt.aml in / or /Extra (or a specified file for DSDT key in org.chameleon.Boot.plist), remove it and reboot before running the Auto-Patcher.

send me kextstat

run on terminal

you dont need NullCPUPowerManagement, SleepEnabler

remove

add in boot.plist

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

use Auto-Patcher in original DSDT

Followed the guide and still getting an error on DSDT. However this time its a different error:

19:04:26: Compiling and checking compiler errors...

19:04:26: First compile errors: 10

19:04:26: Fixing errors...

19:04:26: Second compile errors: 9

19:04:26: Compiling again...

19:04:26: Third compile errors: 9

19:04:26: Errors persisted all fixing tentatives, please post this log at olarila.com forums

[[Line 272 type Error message Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.PX40.AG3E)], [Line 278 type Error message Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.PX40.AG3E)], [Line 3946 type Error message Name already exists in scope (_DSM)], [Line 4301 type Error message Object not found or not accessible from scope (PCI0.EXPL)], [Line 4303 type Error message Object is not accessible from this scope (_HID)], [Line 4304 type Error message Object is not accessible from this scope (_UID)], [Line 4305 type Error message Object is not accessible from this scope (_CRS)], [Line 4307 type Error message Object is not accessible from this scope (BUF0)], [Line 4314 type Error message Object is not accessible from this scope (BUF0)]]

19:04:26: Aborted, compilation failed

Here is my dsdt and kextstat

EDIT:

I believe the problem I am having is with Chameleon.

I installed my Lion using a Kakewalk USB stick. Once it is installed and booted I do not install the Kakewalk to my computer. Instead I follow the guide you provided. I install chameleon, and DSDT. Unfortunately to get DSDT to work I have to get my internet working. That requires the ethernet installer provided by the guide. Once I install that I am required to restart. Upon restart i take the USB stick out so it will boot from Chameleon. It does book, but I get a kernel panic upon seeing the apple logo. The first few lines of the panic have something to do with intelcpu.... I can hit reset from the panic and put the USB stick in and boot up from it just fine. The problem is that it boots from the kakewalk kexts on the USB stick. That is obviously why I can't get my DSDT to patch. What i am wondering is what settings do I need to select in chameleon to get my computer to boot without a kernel panic.

Thanks.

- Han

dsdt_and_kextstat.zip

EDIT:

I believe the problem I am having is with Chameleon.

I installed my Lion using a Kakewalk USB stick. Once it is installed and booted I do not install the Kakewalk to my computer. Instead I follow the guide you provided. I install chameleon, and DSDT. Unfortunately to get DSDT to work I have to get my internet working. That requires the ethernet installer provided by the guide. Once I install that I am required to restart. Upon restart i take the USB stick out so it will boot from Chameleon. It does book, but I get a kernel panic upon seeing the apple logo. The first few lines of the panic have something to do with intelcpu.... I can hit reset from the panic and put the USB stick in and boot up from it just fine. The problem is that it boots from the kakewalk kexts on the USB stick. That is obviously why I can't get my DSDT to patch. What i am wondering is what settings do I need to select in chameleon to get my computer to boot without a kernel panic.

That confirmed what I thought. How can I get my install to boot up with chameleon like it does when I have the USB stick in?

only need 2 kexts to override the Panic on that board so that you can boot to get a clean dsdt.

they are a legacyRTC kext (to keep your CMOS settings) and a nullintelcpuPM kext. it has been ages since I have used that board or owned one, though I do still support one (my mother uses it as a hackintosh) after installing the 2 kexts you can boot clean to get a good DSDT.

hope this helps.

HBP

I have a G31M-ES2L Ver 2.3 running Lion and I have everything working even sleep, but when I reboot I keep having to reset bios ( but only after i have used sleep... If i just use it and not enter sleep i can reboot just fine.)

I have tried to edit and patch the DSDT but i cannot seem to solve the cmos reset. I have very minimal Kext installed on my bootable USB Chameleon disk that i use to boot.

I used

E/E/AtherosL1cEthernet.kext

E/E/FakeSMC.kext

I installed this VoodooHDA-2.7.2.pkg for Audio to work.

What should i look for in the DSDT to fix the cmos reset on my board?

I have turned off WOL in bios.

I don't see any 'Sleep Failure Code' - in kernel log when RTC reg length set as 0x04.

But i do know if i set to 04 or 08 i cannot reboot without getting bios reset even without going into sleep first.

So i have it set @ 02.

Not seeing anything in logs to show what is happening. It does not really crash or have an issue until the next reboot that is when the bios has been reset and it makes you restore from a profile.

I looked at the AppleRTC.kext patching and have tried all the perl scripts but it does not seem to resolve my issue.

Yes i tried rolling back and i would get kernel panic..

I then tried E/E/ElliotForceLegacyRTC.kext in my USB Chameleon bootable drive and i have not had a reset since.

I did experience one kernel panic coming out of sleep.

But i have not been able to reproduce it yet.

Still testing to see if this solves my problem ....

Still testing to see if this solves my problem ....

Good, use what works. I have an G31M-ES2L Ver. 2.0 installation and patched AppleRTC.kext works. Only when I set RTC reg length as 0x04, do get a 'Sleep Failure Code ........' as msg but sleep works as expected.