Headphones for an iPod

5 posts in this topic

I was looking at buying either the Sennheiser HD-280 and the Sennheiser HD-215 for use with my computer / stereo / iPod... What I am worried about is if my iPod will have enough of an output to really power these.

Does anyone know if either of these headphones will get enough juice from an iPod? If not does anyone have a Recommendation on what kind of headphones I should get?

I was looking at buying either the Sennheiser HD-280 and the Sennheiser HD-215 for use with my computer / stereo / iPod... What I am worried about is if my iPod will have enough of an output to really power these.

Does anyone know if either of these headphones will get enough juice from an iPod? If not does anyone have a Recommendation on what kind of headphones I should get?

yea dude, i gots the 515s and one other pair (the one or two moddles up, theyre my dads but whatever...) and they are powered just fine, and if you really need extra kick then get go pod (http://gopod.free-go.net/) unlocks the firmware on ur ipod to give the full 130db, and i can verify that it works... and your gonna love sennheiser (i kept blowing apple earphones out, 7 pairs give or take one....)

max

...I just installed the goPod's firmware and I can most definitely see how you could blow 7 ipod ear buds.

I'm glad to hear an ipod will be able to power a pair of sennheisers. I'll be getting them soon.

...I just installed the goPod's firmware and I can most definitely see how you could blow 7 ipod ear buds.

I'm glad to hear an ipod will be able to power a pair of sennheisers. I'll be getting them soon.

lol, i blew out 3~4 before i found gopod :) i guess i just like loud music or something..... :) and you will love the sennheisers, they are simply the best.

max